Thread: Norm Wattenberger: Results Calculator

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Results Calculator

I put up a free Internet BJ Results Calculator on the bjstats.com website at the below link. EV and SCORE are calculated for 75,000 different combinations of rules, spreads and strategies.

regards,
    norm

Titaniumman

Titaniumman: (Message Deleted by Poster)

Claymore22

Claymore22: Wow. Very cool. Thanx *NT*

Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit: Me like it too - thanks *NT*

Clarke Cant

Clarke Cant: Results Calculator Rocks!

What is under the hood? Is this CVSX output, selected like you do for your massively parallel sims, or a Java interactive calculator, or both?

In your new CV series did you ever work on the suggestion of keeping your code closed, but having each major block open to having new user custom suplied code swapped in from some listing? I know I suggested it to you in the past as well as many others.

It is really neat to have a resource like this online. It will be fun to see some friendly competition between you and T-hopper in the future on such programs. I bet it will be very friendly, unlike (well an obvious dispute that has hurt users of other options).

I have to go long, longterm, on T-hopper, but your software rocks for now!

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Collaborations

CVCX and thousands of 800,000,000 round sims are under the covers. There are three simulation engines used by CVCX/CVData. Four more are planned. The architecture is quite modern. The engines are COMs (Component Object Modules) and therefore can be used by a website as well as a PC program.

I too would like to see T-Hop distribute his software. I am particularly interested in his planned index generator, and have told him so. I'm not big on index generation as I don't think indexes are that important. But, I would like to see an accurate generator on the market and don't think there has been one since UBE faded away. JMO (just my opinion)

I am very open to collaboration. CVSim was such. It was interrupted not by a disagreement but by the big C. The other party decided (wisely) that health and family were more important in the last phase of life. That certainly does not sour me toward the concept of further collaborations and have discussed the possibility of using another's code as part of another CVCX/CVData engine.

Clarke Cant

Clarke Cant: Re: Collaborations

Good news. I was more interested in the possibility of a structure that allows replacement options but still protects your code. I like the parallel demos for CVCX and CVdata.