Thread: Robert V. Lux: several hands in POSITIVE situations

Robert V. Lux

Robert V. Lux: several hands in POSITIVE situations

I never got a full view on this the last time, since everybody thought I meant playing several hands in negative situations, which of course not was the case.

Once again: Will a player gain an advantage if he plays multiple hands in POSITVE situations, if he adjusts his bets according to the table in Wong?s Professional Blackjack, when one should bet 80 % of the original bet, on each hand if one tend to play two hands, 60 % on three hands, etc.

Since one get to play a higher percentage of cards compared to the dealer, whom get to play less cards, it should gain the player to play multiple hands in POSITIVE situations, or?

/Robert V. Lux

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: several hands in POSITIVE situations

> I never got a full view on this the last
    > time, since everybody thought I meant
    > playing several hands in negative
    > situations, which of course not was the
    > case.

> Once again: Will a player gain an advantage
    > if he plays multiple hands in POSITVE
    > situations, if he adjusts his bets according
    > to the table in Wong?s Professional
    > Blackjack, when one should bet 80 % of the
    > original bet, on each hand if one tend to
    > play two hands, 60 % on three hands, etc.

> Since one get to play a higher percentage
    > of cards compared to the dealer, whom get to
    > play less cards, it should gain the player
    > to play multiple hands in POSITIVE
    > situations, or?

I think we've been over this a million times, but I'll try it once more. Instead of playing one hand of $100, you play two hands of, roughly, $75 to achieve the following: 1) greater return per round; 2. greater standard deviation per round; 3) same ROR as if playing one hand.

The above assumes you are NOT playing alone, in which case you won't gain anything by spreading to the second hand, since the amount of dollars bet per card used will be the same.

I'm not sure how many times I've answered this question in my life (including in BJA), but it must be pushing 50! :-)

Don