Thread: Robbie: Blackjack Attack

Robbie

Robbie: Blackjack Attack

I just recently received my copy of Blackjack Attack from Blackjack Review. It is jam packed full of excellent information covering many phases of blackjack.
    I delayed ordering it until the revised and expanded version came out. I had read all of your articles in Blackjack Forum since early 1990's so I didn't know if there would be enough additional info to make it a worthwhile purchase. From your posts you had indicated that there was much more new info.
    I am very satisfied and am glad that I ordered it.
    I do not think that the errors detract significantly from your excellent book. The fact that it is filled from cover to cover with an extraordinary amount of info, maybe, has contributed to some of the errors?

Robbie

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Blackjack Attack

> I just recently received my copy of
    > Blackjack Attack from Blackjack Review. It
    > is jam packed full of excellent information
    > covering many phases of blackjack.

Enjoy! Glad you find it exciting.

> The fact that it is filled from cover to cover
    > with an extraordinary amount of info, maybe,
    > has contributed to some of the errors?

Kind of you to let me off the hook. Surely, that's part of it, but there are other reasons for some of the errors that were simply beyond my control. And, I take full blame for a few.

Next edition will be "cleaner" still -- promise!

Don

Pat S.

Pat S.: Re: Blackjack Attack

> Enjoy! Glad you find it exciting.

> Kind of you to let me off the hook. Surely,
    > that's part of it, but there are other
    > reasons for some of the errors that were
    > simply beyond my control. And, I take full
    > blame for a few.

> Next edition will be "cleaner"
    > still -- promise!

> Don

I have really enjoyed the first edition of BJA and now that I know there is another edition I will be buying one soon. I have found the tables in the back of BJA regarding win rates, etc, to be of great assistance, but I do have a question. The win rates reflected in the tables obviously vary depending on the extent of penetration, which is described in the book as the number of cards dealt. I have always assumed that the various penetration levels identified in the tables, e.g. 70 cards dealt in 2D, to be the location of the cut card. Of course, if the cut card is placed at that level, generally more than 70 cards will be dealt before the shuffle. Is my assumption correct?