Thread: Mark Vogt: Blackjack Strategy

Mark Vogt

Mark Vogt: Blackjack Strategy

I have "Million Dollar Blackjack" by Ken Uston and his software program. His system
    shows (3's through 7's) are counted as +1, ace and tens are counted -1, while 2's,8's,and
    9's are not counted. if this not the best learning software program for Blackjack what
    would you recommened ?

Clarke Cant

Clarke Cant: Re: Blackjack Strategy, boy is that old

I wrote an Atari blackjack package myself. The Uston Blackjack software was written for the Atari 8-bit computers. The Uston software is way, way out of date. I just wonder how long you have had it without getting serious about trying to use it?

As much as I still love the 1200XL keyboard it just sits around. I hadn't heard that this had been ported over to the Windows World unless it was part of Microsoft's Atari classics for your PC series.

There is so much that has happened to practice on that I don't know where to point you first. There is a very good new blackjack practice series out now for the Palm OS, and Norm Wattenberger of QFIT (qfit.com) has new simulators and practice software out now.

The Uston package can get you practicing but you should know that was then....