Thread: CVBJ with WINE on MAC

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVBJ with WINE on MAC

Anyone has any success to make it work?
    I have dug out an old thread at bjinfo, i think only icountntrack made it work on a linux machine...
    I get this message when I try to run cvbj4
    "Component 'agentctl.dll' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing of invalid.
    any comments or suggestion would be greatly appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by Hsiaodi View Post
    Anyone has any success to make it work?
    I have dug out an old thread at bjinfo, i think only icountntrack made it work on a linux machine...
    I get this message when I try to run cvbj4
    "Component 'agentctl.dll' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing of invalid.
    any comments or suggestion would be greatly appreciated...
    Yes, I had this problem. Download the hotfix from here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969168, and then run it. Your problem should be sorted.
    Whether you believe you can or not, you're probably right.

I am new to wine, I downloaded the hotfix and ran it. That unzipped an MSU file that I am supposed to run but wine can only run .exe? Any help would be appreciated.

If others are experiencing this same problem, I downloaded Microsoft Agent 2.0 core package from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ang=en&id=6936.

After downloading that file, run the exe using wine. Then everything should work fine.