Thread: utica3: single deck

utica3

utica3: single deck

doa,rsa, double any #of cards,surrender any # of cards, 6 card 21 pays 2 to 1, blackjack pays even money, oh yeah, das too. Can anyone tell me appx. how much of a disadvantage ( or advantage ) this game yields w/bs. I diddnt see some of the options in the bs search engine. I assume the bs is the same. Any help greatly appreciated. thx

98%

98%: Re: single deck

That sounds like 'Superfun 21'. In my opinion, it should be avoided. You'll almost never find any decent penetration for this game and, if I recall correctly, the house advantage is larger than that of a standard 8 deck shoe game (S17, Surrender, DAS). There are a couple of strange rule variations which may indeed cause a slight alteration of BS. You're better off finding a standard SD game - even money blackjacks on a single deck game are quite devastating for the player.

utica3

utica3: Re: single deck

thanx 4 your response. you're right, it is superfun 21. do you really think even money on bj is so devastating that its not offset by the other rules. thx again

ET Fan

ET Fan: Agree with 98%: even money BJ is a deal breaker *NT*

Parker

Parker: Re: single deck

> thanx 4 your response. you're right, it is
    > superfun 21. do you really think even money
    > on bj is so devastating that its not offset
    > by the other rules. thx again

It's not a matter of opinion. The even money payoff for BJ's gives up a whopping 2.3% of advantage. Opinions of the experts vary, but the other favorable rules probably only recover about half of this.

This game may be beatable using a specialized count, modified basic strategy and a large spread, but if you approach it as a conventional blackjack game you are playing at a large disadvantage. As others have pointed out, even a mediocre shoe game is preferable.