Thread: JohnHenry: Surrender Indices

JohnHenry

JohnHenry: Surrender Indices

Does anyone have updated surrender indices for the Revere Advanced plus-minus count at 6 decks?

The Grifter

The Grifter: Re: Surrender Indices

You may use published indices for HiLo, HiLoLite, H01, etc. w/no loss of power, nor is #decks an important consideration nowadays.

If you plan to use RAPM against primarily 6D games, you would be better served by swapping the A&9 values (you may keep your indices if you wish) and employ a more traditional HiLo approach. RAPM is an especially poor candidate for 6D, notwithstanding, if you have original surrender #s they are fine.

G

chgobjpro

chgobjpro: Re: Surrender Indices

> Does anyone have updated surrender indices
    > for the Revere Advanced plus-minus count at
    > 6 decks?
    I've used Revere for years in 6 Deck games. It's second nature to me to keep an Ace sidecount. Im like to know when Aces are strong or weak.
    The surrender numbers for half deck trues are as follows:
    13 vs 10.....3.5
    14 vs 9 .....3
    14 vs 10.....1.5
    14 vs A .....3
    15 vs 8......3.5
    15 vs 9 .....1.5
    15 vs 10......0
    15 vs A .....1
    16 vs 8 .....2
    16 vs 9 .....0
    16 vs 10..... -1.5
    16 vs A ..... -.5

These were run for me on SBA by Richard Reid a couple of years ago.

It was called system X, but based on revere adv + - count system.

JohnHenry

JohnHenry: Re: Surrender Indices

> You may use published indices for HiLo,
    > HiLoLite, H01, etc. w/no loss of power, nor
    > is #decks an important consideration
    > nowadays.

> If you plan to use RAPM against primarily
    > 6D games, you would be better served by
    > swapping the A&9 values (you may keep your
    > indices if you wish) and employ a more
    > traditional HiLo approach. RAPM is an
    > especially poor candidate for 6D,
    > notwithstanding, if you have original
    > surrender #s they are fine.

> G

I'm curious why you state the RAPM is a poor choice for 6D. True, there are more streamlined systems nowadays for the youngsters who cannot, or will not, make true count conversions and play accurately with ace side counts. But for those old farts like myself who learned to play this game well many years ago, it still appears that an accurately played RAPM or Hi-Opt I, with ace side count, will yield BC 96% and PE 62% or so. What's wrong with that? Does Snyder's BJ Formula or newer computer sims back up your assertion? I'll admit the old counts may be more work, but just call me...JohnHenry

chgobjpro

chgobjpro: Re: Surrender Indices 8-8 vs 10

I think 8-8 vs 10 is 0.

The Grifter

The Grifter: Re: Surrender Indices

Quoting Snyder in "Can Side-counts Make You a Super Counter" (RGE21 Library) and Uston on BJ, Ace side-counts require more accurracy, a secondary count actually, then a mere 1/4D estimate of lean/rich. Remember, even Revere in '75 advised that the RAPM was for 1-2D games, not 4D shoes.

You would be better of including the Ace in the primary count.

G