Thread: Revel, Harrah's, and a few others in AC have Digital Blackjack.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Revel, Harrah's, and a few others in AC have Digital Blackjack.

Here's the link to the new machine.
    http://www.ixtapagaming.50megs.com/custom2.html
    The 4th bullet point, "Increased security" probably refers to capping and other forms of cheating, rather than card counting.
    The 8th bullet point, "Provides complete game history", I wonder if they can determine the betting patterns and identify card counters?
    Out of pure curiosity, at Harrah's, I sat down without playing and counted down two shoes, and it's an 8-deck machine and it seems legitimate.
    Because the machine does all the mental work, the dealers are inadequately trained so heat is expected to be non-existent.
    For beginners with a small bankroll, it’s an economical training field.

Whether it's countable or not would depend on the setting, sounds like it can shuffle a shoe and then deal the cards out in order, or deal any random card from within the shoe, I imagine this would include behind the notional cut card.

Does the screen in front of you show all the other players hands?
    If not, it might be difficult to count other players hands.

I saw the setup at Revel, and was intrigued, but didn't approach
    or play. You're right, it could be used for training but maybe
    Cassie is more economical.

Chemyst

The tables you're referring to do not show other players' hands, and they are indeed tough to count with other players at the table. However, it's easy to find a game where you can play heads-up. Some places will not allow you to play two spots, and the game speed is not fantastic, but you can get some decent action in. Another problem is that the settings vary from place to place. I know of a place that has this exact same game, but it's S17 DOA DAS RSA LS and is programmed to 4.5/6D pen; other games at other locations may be continuously shuffled, or dealt from separate shoes for the player and dealer, etc. It does appear that they can detect card counting, but as with everything gambling-related, someone needs to be sharp enough to know what to do with the info before it becomes a problem. If you ever feel like spreading 1:100, these games are usually an option!

p.s. Make sure you're using an unbalanced count...