Thread: Francis Salmon: To Parker

Francis Salmon

Francis Salmon: To Parker

I'd be interested to get the bypass-status but I'm reluctant to leave my e-mail.How can I register anyway?

Francis Salmon

Parker

Parker: Just do it

> I'd be interested to get the bypass-status
    > but I'm reluctant to leave my e-mail.How can
    > I register anyway?

> Francis Salmon

An e-mail address in not required in order to register your "handle," or username. Simply click on "Create Profile" at the top of any message board index page. The only required information is a posting name and a password. Everything else is optional.

Of course, an e-mail address is nice to have, in the event that someone wants to question you privately about a post (assuming you would want to answer such questions). Most people simply open a web-based e-mail account (yahoo, hotmail, lycos, etc.) that they use exclusively for posting on message boards.

But as I said, this is not required.

Registering your handle will allow me to give you "bypass moderation" status so that your posts will appear immediately when you make them. It will also allow you to self-delete your posts, should you ever have the need, and will ensure that no one else can post using your username.

Not that anyone cares, but it also makes my job easier. :-)