Thread: Crispy: Heading to Bahamas

Crispy

Crispy: Heading to Bahamas

I'm heading to Bahamas in a couple of weeks for my honeymoon. Obviously, I won't be getting in a ton of time at the tables, but I'm curious as to what to expect for blackjack when I get there.

I'll play at the Wyndham resort, which is close to where we're staying and probably check out atlantis one day also.
    What will I find as far as tabel limits? (I'm a red chipper.) How crowded? Any good rules?

Also, since we've never been to Bahamas before, any non-gambling recommendations on the island are also welcomed, places to eat, sightseeing, etc.
    Thanks.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Well, since no one else answered

I'm very fond of the Atlantis. I experienced no heat playing black on a couple of occasions. This was before their large expansion. They have a good steakhouse and a quite good French restaurant. As you are on honeymoon, there is a very romantic outdoor restaurant further up on Paradise Island. Sorry, can't remember the name.

dpm123

dpm123: Re: Heading to Bahamas

Played Atlantis 12/02. All shoe games. $25 and up are 6D,DA2. I can't remember if you can DAS or not, but I think not. All the $15 tables were 8D as I recall. Nothing less than $15. No heat whatsoever as this is a celebrity/highroller hangout. Saw people in high stakes area with private games playing 2 hands of $5K each! I actually won around $5K, but gave most of it back. This was before my counting days.

Can't tell you much about Nassau itself as we have a house on a northern island which is quieter and practically no tourists.

Night Train

Night Train: Re: Well, since no one else answered

>They have a good steakhouse and a
    > quite good French restaurant. As you are on
    > honeymoon, there is a very romantic outdoor
    > restaurant further up on Paradise Island.
    > Sorry, can't remember the name.

Are we talking about Cafe Martinique? Haven't been down there in several years, but if I recall, this would definitely be a place do dine for "that special occasion." Scenes from the James Bond movie "Thunderball" were filmed there.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: (Message Deleted by Poster)

Crispy

Crispy: thanks for the info, folks *NM*