See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: You know the only thing that spooks me to this day on all my years of playing BJ ....

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

You know the only thing that spooks me to this day on all my years of playing BJ ....

- that is aside from positive dealer variance -is when the dealer starts pulling off these 5 or 6 card 20s/21s. It's almost like "the TC is +3 but I might as well leave now." lol. Not that I would leave at TC3. But man, it's seems like it's the beginning of the end.

(Don't jump on me. I was just thinking it.)

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Big Jer,

It is just the ebb and flow of the cards, that is a normal fluctuation. you should leave the table quicly as you experience this anomally, it is a pre-cursor to a huge loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouchez View Post
    Big Jer,

It is just the ebb and flow of the cards, that is a normal fluctuation. you should leave the table quicly as you experience this anomally, it is a pre-cursor to a huge loss.
    HA! It sure as heck seems like it.

BTW, though it's hard to trust the Math when it happens. But I do follow it anyways. I had three years of Math and Physics in college. So mathematical stuff is my bailiwick. But I still wish you didn't have to hit on a 12 against certain cards. But I do it anyways.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Sorry to hear this, BJ. If it makes you feel any better, know that while you're in bad variance territory, there's someone else hitting the good side of variance and taking much more from the empire than you're losing to it.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

If you hit all your hands until you had 17, you'd end up pulling these just as often.
    Let me die in my sleep like my Grandfather.
    Not screaming in agony like his passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
    If you hit all your hands until you had 17, you'd end up pulling these just as often.
    Good point, Shad. Perhaps I will have to try that! I always feel better when I get more 21's in a session, regardless of win/loss. haha

The same thing was happening yesterday. The count went up and the dealer was getting multi-card 20s and 21s. Yes I did put the bets out when I had to. Then I finally got a BJ ................... and pushed with the dealer. *face palm*
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJer View Post
    (Don't jump on me. I was just thinking it.)
    Sorry, I have to
    Think about it, but don't post about it. It's not good for your credibility or respectability as an AP.

I played a session this week, sat down at the table, changed $400 playing dd, count skyrocketed to plus 13 with 1 deck remaining, prime time! Max betted lost and lost and lost. I dumped like a 1k in 5 minutes....man that was annoying