Thread: CVCX isn't showing the right indices

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX isn't showing the right indices

So I'm trying to sim the Complete Zen Count and the indices for 12 vs 2-6 should be 6, 3, 1, -2, -5, respectively (for multi-deck, H17).

I've done this tens of times, and it always shows the right indices. But since a few days ago, it started showing the indices for what I think is single-deck (7, 4, 2, -2, -4).

If I select or deselect the Mutliple Deck check box along with the Dealer Hits Soft 17 box, the only index that changes is the 12v6...but the other ones don't change even though they should be changing.

I'm looking through the different rules and whatnot, selecting and deslecting stuff to get it to change.....but.....no luck no cigar. What's wrong!?
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Blog Entries

CVCX is unique in that it is a parallel simulator. It sims many rule sets at once. It cannot display ALL indices at once. It will select the correct indices, as set by the selected strategy, for each rule set as the different rule sets are simmed.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I have a guess

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    So I'm trying to sim the Complete Zen Count and the indices for 12 vs 2-6 should be 6, 3, 1, -2, -5, respectively (for multi-deck, H17).

I've done this tens of times, and it always shows the right indices. But since a few days ago, it started showing the indices for what I think is single-deck (7, 4, 2, -2, -4).

If I select or deselect the Mutliple Deck check box along with the Dealer Hits Soft 17 box, the only index that changes is the 12v6...but the other ones don't change even though they should be changing.

I'm looking through the different rules and whatnot, selecting and deslecting stuff to get it to change.....but.....no luck no cigar. What's wrong!?
    I think it looks like you used to have your TC calculation set on Truncating, but it got switched to Rounding. Your newer indexes have moved farther away from zero, except for the 12 v 5, which happened to stay the same. When you round the TC, the indexes derived from that method will be a little bit inflated compared to truncating. The one negative index for 12 v 6 that changed helps distinguish between Truncating (which you had been doing prior) vs Flooring (not part of the Before or After).

Did I nail it?
    Last edited by bejammin075; 05-28-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    CVCX is unique in that it is a parallel simulator. It sims many rule sets at once. It cannot display ALL indices at once. It will select the correct indices, as set by the selected strategy, for each rule set as the different rule sets are simmed.
    Okay. Hmm.. Because it used to show the right indices, and sometimes it'd show the ones for single-deck, but now it's like stuck on the SD ones.

Quote Originally Posted by bejammin075 View Post
    I think it looks like you used to have your TC calculation set on Truncating, but it got switched to Rounding. Your newer indexes have moved farther away from zero, except for the 12 v 5, which happened to stay the same. When you round the TC, the indexes derived from that method will be a little bit inflated compared to truncating. The one negative index for 12 v 6 that changed helps distinguish between Truncating (which you had been doing prior) vs Flooring (not part of the Before or After).

Did I nail it?
    I was thinking the same thing, that maybe there was a difference in the way the TC is rounded or truncated or whatever....or even with full/half/quarter deck resolution...but nothing.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Something I found interesting -- not sure if it's always been like this or not, just something I've noticed:

I'll click "Attach a Strategy", choose "Complete Zen Count", then for "Affecting Options" it will automatically have Double Down after Split and Dealer Hits Soft 17 boxes checked. The multiple-deck box is always unchecked. So I check the multi-deck box, click "Attach". When I click "Attach a Strategy" again, the three checkboxes are checked, as they should be.

However, if I check the multi-deck box, click "View Tables", then click "Attach", when I go back to click "Attach a Strategy", the multi-deck box is unchecked.

So it seems like clicking "View Tables" will un-check the mutli-deck check box...although that may only be visual (doubt it?), but there's no way to tell for sure, I don't think? o_O

Blog Entries

The Affecting Options options are ONLY used when you wish to purposely sim using the wrong indices.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse