I've looked at this allot and don't think I would be able to be a full time AP for a long period of time or unless, I win the lottery or gain a large inheritance. Doing my best to Calculate what start up cost it would take to really make a living AP.

I started with my base income needs, to pay the bills, then added travel expenses at $100 for ever 1000 hands played or about $10 per hour at 100 hands per hour. Given travel expenses, at a minimum I'd need to have an EV of $42. Now here is the rub, after playing 60K hands of simulated black jack, my total win was about $7783 and my estimated travel expenses were $6000. Not that you can expect a result on 60k hands to be representational they are just an example of what might happen and hence what you have to be prepared for. According to CVCX, this result is in the bottom 14% for a person playing perfectly to stragey using my most common game conditions and HI-Lo. Ok, so if 60K hands = 10 hours of play 5 days a week for 12 weeks, I'd have basically broken even against expenses after 3 months. So I"d need some number of dollars more than 3 months of expenses in the bank to pay my credit cards and mortgage, I'm figuring six months. I've seen a few post from my fellow noobies, regarding size of bank roll etc. For me it breaks out like this.

Bank Roll to play at .5 Kelly with a $42 EV per 100 hands (1/13 spread -$15 table, HI-Lo Sweet 16 Fab 4, DAS, SR, RAS, S17 Eight Deck with 81% penetration) - approximately $24,400.

Six months of living personal living expenses. $24,000

Six months of travel expenses. $12,000. So about 60K to jump in full time. I was hoping to get some feedback from the guys who have actually done this. Do you have periods of 3 or six months breaking even or less followed by other periods of relative boon? If so, in planning, how many months in the bank of living expenses would you recommend in the bank before starting? Am I missing anything? Of course travel expenses and living expenses are unique to the individual, however, each person would need to consider this, correct?