See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to approach a replenishable BR

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How to approach a replenishable BR

Well I know people have different views on this, but heres my question.. I recently just got a job that will pay about 1500 every 2 weeks, 40 k for the year. So I could use some advice how to approach this.. Should I just wait a while then play OR take my current 2-3k and play assuming a 40k roll or a 10k or even 20k roll?

If you take out taxes. Your check will be $1166.66 assuming you get paid twice a month. I would assume at least a third if not a half for living expenses. So in reality you should probably just play on the current status of your BR. You will be raising your bets every few months or less depending on how much gets put into your bankroll.

Banned or Suspended

I live with parents, and I believe its 1500 after tax

Zk this is a good question I make really good money at my day job so my bank roll can is replenishable. Your bank roll will be the amount you loose and say thats it no more blackjack at all. Heck some times on the way home if my day was a small lose 200-400 I will just grab it from the atm when i get food or gas and put it back in.My BK is a small 5 figure but I really would not say its the end of all if I lost it.What I would do and Im sure its wrong I would wait until your first check to make sure you know exactly what you will be bringing home. Now that you have a income coming play but at lower ror as you add job money and winnings you can up your ror some> I know you love the game but a little break
    might be good and when you get that check figure what you can contribute but I would not play like I hade a 40,000 Bk. I would love to play like I had 170,000 Bk roll.Hope you can see my point

ZK you can assume your 40k income will be taxed 30%....

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by bebe View Post
    Zk this is a good question I make really good money at my day job so my bank roll can is replenishable. Your bank roll will be the amount you loose and say thats it no more blackjack at all. Heck some times on the way home if my day was a small lose 200-400 I will just grab it from the atm when i get food or gas and put it back in.My BK is a small 5 figure but I really would not say its the end of all if I lost it.What I would do and Im sure its wrong I would wait until your first check to make sure you know exactly what you will be bringing home. Now that you have a income coming play but at lower ror as you add job money and winnings you can up your ror some> I know you love the game but a little breakmight be good and when you get that check figure what you can contribute but I would not play like I hade a 40,000 Bk. I would love to play like I had 170,000 Bk roll.Hope you can see my point
    Yea you are kind of agreeing with one of my points of playing with maybe a 10k or 20k roll, and not 40
    Last edited by ZenKinG; 04-24-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Jet View Post
    ZK you can assume your 40k income will be taxed 30%....
    Lol

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Congrats on your job. This might not be what you want to hear, but I'd stick to your 2-3k roll until you can build it up. Future income, in my opinion, cannot be counted. If you were to consider it part of your roll, your per true count unit might be around $50-$100, depending on your Kelly. You wouldn't have enough cash to handle the swings.
    "There is no passion to be found playing small, in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by NT21 View Post
    Congrats on your job. This might not be what you want to hear, but I'd stick to your 2-3k roll until you can build it up. Future income, in my opinion, cannot be counted. If you were to consider it part of your roll, your per true count unit might be around $50-$100, depending on your Kelly. You wouldn't have enough cash to handle the swings.
    Ye well I wasnt planning on doing the 40k assumption, but maybe I can play as if I have 10-15k I would think

Banned or Suspended

Ye I think it is 1500 before taxes cause the actual salary is 39k .. Meaning ill have a net pay of 1158 biweekly, good call jet

since living with family this is what you should do.....

Save your Ass off for 8 months......get 15k together and play that game 2x15 to 2x180... your ror will be 4.5% which is high but it is safer than anything your used to playing and you will make 100 bucks an hour if you wong out of some moderate negavite counts....also you will apprecaite your bankroll much more if you have sweated 8 months to get it. DONT TAKE A SHOT......there are no shortcut in life and if you do find a shortcut it usually leads to financial ruin... i.e penny stocks

congrats on the job...

Banned or Suspended

Lmao thanks scg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast