Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BJ House Edge in various conditions

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    It's a "disguised" game... Dealer takes a hole card, act as an American dealer would do when an Ace is showing but tweak it in an ENHC game with any other up card.
    G Man

Quote Originally Posted by Cacarulo View Post
    No, in that case, we would be talking about American rules. "Peek" or "no peek" has nothing to do with the house edge.
    So let's go back to the previous rules where the player doesn't lose everything against a dealer's blackjack.
    Using CVDATA, I get 0.609%, so something must be wrong with the basic strategy or with some setting of the rules.

Sincerely,
    Cac

I agree with you that if player doesn't lose everything against a dealer's blackjack, HE = 0.609.

I also ran simulations with CVDATA, Flat Bet, Hi-Opt 2 Counting Strategy (Full Index), HE = -0.588%, which I believe is incorrect.

Can you/anyone here use CVDATA to verify my results? Please note that the rule is Peek on Ace( No Peek on Ten !), so you should modify the playing strategy index of all BJ hand vs T.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    It's a "disguised" game... Dealer takes a hole card, act as an American dealer would do when an Ace is showing but tweak it in an ENHC game with any other up card.
    Exactly

That's strange. Unless the "peek" is done AFTER the entire round has been played.

Sincerely,
    Cac
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Dealer Ace up, instant peek and then round or no round of play (American game)
    Dealer 10 up, every player should switch to ENHC mode.
    G Man

Dealer Ace up, instant peek and then round or no round of play (American game)
    Dealer 10 up, every player should switch to ENHC mode.
    Peek(American Game), HE = 0.609
    Peek on Ace(No Peek on Ten), HE = 0.709
    Peek on Ten(No Peek on Ace), HE = 0.617
    ENHC(No Peek), HE = 0.718

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This discussion is derailed. I guess James is asking, what is the player EV when playing like a computer who counts every cards and adjusts to perfect strategy at every decision points? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    This discussion is derailed. I guess James is asking, what is the player EV when playing like a computer who counts every cards and adjusts to perfect strategy at every decision points? Right?
    Exactly

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I've thought about this. On the insurance part, we can exactly calculate it.

Quote Originally Posted by James989 View Post
    Peek(American Game), HE = 0.609
    Peek on Ace(No Peek on Ten), HE = 0.709
    Peek on Ten(No Peek on Ace), HE = 0.617
    ENHC(No Peek), HE = 0.718
    TD-HE = 0.6968% (instant peek on Ace but NO on Ten)
    TD-HE = 0.6171% (instant peek on Ten but NO on Ace)
    TD-HE = 0.7177% (No peek)

Sincerely,
    Cac

additional rule, heads up playing one hand, penetration = 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Cacarulo View Post
    TD-HE = 0.6968% (instant peek on Ace but NO on Ten)
    TD-HE = 0.6171% (instant peek on Ten but NO on Ace)
    TD-HE = 0.7177% (No peek)

Sincerely,
    Cac

10 billions CVDATA sims results(Peek on Ace but NO on Ten) :-

HE(1 round/shoe, no cut card effect) = 0.697%
    HE(cut card effect, 50% penetration) = 0.713%
    HE(cut card effect, 50% penetration, Hi-Opt 2 full index, Flat Bet) = 0.668%
    HE(cut card effect, 50% penetration, Hi-Opt 2 full index, 1-15 spread) = 0.013%.

The cut card effect is about 0.016. I found that no of deck will affect the cut card effect, penetration totally not affect the cut card effect, true ??

BTW, could you please sim this game with your CAC2 Enhanced counting system(50% penetration, Flat Bet) ? Just want to have a comparison.

Last edited by James989; 04-28-2024 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James989 View Post
    10 billions CVDATA sims results(Peek on Ace but NO on Ten) :-

HE(1 round/shoe, no cut card effect) = 0.697%
    HE(cut card effect, 50% penetration) = 0.713%
    HE(cut card effect, 50% penetration, Hi-Opt 2 full index, Flat Bet) = 0.668%
    HE(cut card effect, 50% penetration, Hi-Opt 2 full index, 1-15 spread) = 0.013%.

The cut card effect is about 0.016. I found that no of deck will affect the cut card effect, penetration totally not affect the cut card effect, true ??

BTW, could you please sim this game with your CAC2 Enhanced counting system(50% penetration, Flat Bet) ? Just want to have a comparison.

With CAC2 + 52 indices, 50% pen, CCE, peek on ACE but not on TEN, I obtained a House Edge (HE) of 0.583%. Then, given that against a ten, everything
    is lost if the dealer gets BJ, I removed the doubling indices vs. T and splitting indices vs. T (88vT). With those changes, the HE was 0.668%.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Cac

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast