Quote Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post
Thanks for weighing in. The reason I try and track EV and variance on a per shoe basis is because every shoe is unique. By that, I mean, one shoe might be heads up, 1.5 decks cut off, with 2 hands per round. Another shoe might have 1.75 decks cut off, 4 players, with 1 hand per round. Wouldn't the EV and variance for each of these shoes differ? Isn't it important to properly track EV and variance to locate AV on the bell curve? This is why I'm considering recording these variables for every shoe that I play. Does that make sense?
No, it makes no sense at all. First, your personal individual results are totally meaningless in determining EV and variance,. I have stated this over and over again ad nauseam. You CANNOT determine how good or bad a game is by actually playing and looking at your results.

Do you need a sim to tell you that the first game you described is much better than the second? But once you've answered no, and you want to know the specifics, you run a couple of billion-hand sims for each one to determine the correct EVs and variances for each. You don't look at your personal results to determine such numbers.

Do you understand??

Don