Thread: extreme back pain relief in just one day

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

extreme back pain relief in just one day

I've suffered from chronic back pain most of my adult life - I have a herniated disc and arthritis
    about 4 weeks ago it flared up worse than ever - I could barely walk and went to the hospital in an ambulance
    they gave me some pills which helped then but they did not help much later when I had the same pills prescribed - even though I had an opioid prescribed - OxyContin - which is supposedly very strong
    it really didn't help me at at all

I had an epidural injection in my back a couple of weeks ago - it helped a little, but not much

I started reading everything I could on back pain - googling on the web

I didn't know but found out that marijuana is recommended for back pain - even by prestigious medical organizations such as N.I.H. - see link

I decided to try marijuana which is now legal in my state

I used to get high on weed when I was much younger but hadn't used it in a long time

I got some edibles - indica wildberry - which was recommended by one site for back pain - which is only 14% THC - some of the candies have quite a bit more THC - maybe I'll get that next time - I didn't wanna smoke - even though smoking it is stronger - my wife doesn't like smoke

medical marijuana is available now, and it's stronger - but it's a lot of work to get approved for it

anyway, I just had one edible candy and went to bed - and amazingly, the pain almost completely disappeared and is still largely gone and it's now 2 days later

I was in shock - I have tried so many different things that failed or only worked for very short time periods - I'm talking about minutes

I can't be sure it won't return with a vengeance - but I'm hopeful - and now I have something that I believe can help me

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8907633/

Last edited by drunk; 04-11-2024 at 01:38 PM.
    Please don't feed the trolls

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Have you taken the edibles after the first dose?

How long is there pain relief after the THC has worn off?

I have mild to moderate sciatic pain in my left leg from a herniated disc. I've tried physical therapy. I can not take nsaid pain relievers due to another condition. The epidural injection did nothing.

I'd rather have a clear mind and some pain, than no pain and a foggy brain.