Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: True or False - Composition of Advantage

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You're going to have a big problem with the mentality that all you have to do is show up and pick up your money for the evening. It isn't how it works, and you're going to be very disappointed very soon. And, the concept of limiting your losses simply isn't a viable way to play.

Don

Hi Don, I don't know what I've said that would indicate a mentality such as the one you described. Can you elaborate please?

If limiting losses is not a viable course of action, then what would you suggest? I mean I bring a roll with me that I'm willing to tolerate losing, however, I just feel it's better to try again the next day.

Sincerely

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Hi Don, I don't know what I've said that would indicate a mentality such as the one you described. Can you elaborate please?
    I can't elaborate; I said what I wanted to say. Your mentioning that you're "picking up $300-$500 every time you play" is a dangerous mentality. It isn't going to last, and you have to stop thinking that way. The other night you were down $600. But, you played until you were up $300. That's just not the right way to play. Pick a time frame to play and leave when it's over--win, lose, or draw. You don't play to get even, and you don't play to limit losses; you play to play. Period. The result doesn't matter. If you can't think that way, you're going to have a problem.

Don

Don, tomorrow I'm quitting my job and going to be a professional blackjack player. Sheesh if I would have said that then I could understand your sentiment. Lol

Don, can you elaborate on card composition concerning advantage which is the main topic of my post?

More specifically the 1:1 ratio as described by user K_C for KO and if that composition holds true for other counting methods?

Sincerely

Pick a time frame to play and leave when it's over--win, lose, or draw. You don't play to get even, and you don't play to limit losses; you play to play. Period
    It’s fine to give yourself a bit of wiggle room. It’s a bit silly to quit at exactly 60 minutes when you’re in the middle of a hot shoe. Now, I do have a problem of going on these insane win streaks, in which case I have strategically quit early in order to let the critters book a loss - when the opportunity arises.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    It’s a bit silly to quit at exactly 60 minutes when you’re in the middle of a hot shoe.
    Is that what you think I'd do? I've been playing for 49 years and never quit in the middle of a high-count shoe in my life.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Is that what you think I'd do? I've been playing for 49 years and never quit in the middle of a high-count shoe in my life.

Don
    Don’t think you would do - more directed to OP. Mind you, I can think of 2 occasions I’ve left a hot shoe and a 3rd drastically curtailing my bet

1. Out of nowhere - sudden bad nosebleed
    2. Out of nowhere - critters and more critters rush into hi limit room - all looking at me with one of them holding my rating card
    3. Determined subject to confirmation (which was confirmed), all the goodies were behind the cut card - saved myself a fair amount of dough

First 2 were 10-12 years ago, 3rd about 5-6 years ago

Don, why play to just play? Is there something more embedded in this rational such as if you play 100% correct and get in the required hours, the money will follow?

Sincerely
    Before the grammar cops surround you - that’s rationale

Thanks Freightman, you're correct. Somehow went to edit, but accidentally deleted.

Have a great night

Thanks Freightman, you're correct. Somehow went to edit, but accidentally deleted.

Have a great night
    You’re welcome. Rumor (Rumour for Yankees) has it that GC (Grammar Cops) are relentless in their pursuit of the grammatically challenged. Are Arf.

82:18 preference for Rumour in UK.
    Source - Google

82:18 preference for Rumour in UK.
    Source - Google
    And for members of the British Commonwealth, as in Johnny Canucks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast