Thread: CVBJ Strategy Table modifcation for 15 vs 10 surrender deviation not sticking

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVBJ Strategy Table modifcation for 15 vs 10 surrender deviation not sticking

I am knew to using CVBJ, so am hoping someone can advise me on a persistent problem I am experiencing.

I set up a custom set of strategy tables based on the Blackjack Apprentice tables. I called my custom tables "BJA". I set a index surrender rule for 15 vs dealer 10 where Surrender >= 0 should require surrender. Each time I play, when I have a negative running count, I get an error if I hit. When I look at the strategy table, it always shows the red background Surrender selected for this play. When I setup my custom table, I always select the light blue "Surrender >= Value" rule and enter 0.

Any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

There are multiple columns of tables in a playing strategy setup for different rules. The column that the software selects depends on the rules that are set. You may be editing a table in the incorrect column. BTW, the BJA strategy is included.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I think that I've worked through understanding the rules dependent columns for editing. And I started with the Blackjack Apprentice canned sim. However, I noticed the rule discrepancy between the CVBJ canned sim and the BJA Trainer trainer App charts for H17 game. CVBJ says always surrender for 15 vs 10 while the BJA Trainer app chart and play has a deviation for 15 vs 10 to hit on negative running counts. This is why I created my custom strategy table.

I appreciate your quick response and will try creating my custom table again. I have tried numerous times, but like I said, each time I assign the blue background custom rule, when I use the custom table to play, it always reverts to red background rule for this particular play.

Blog Entries

Do you have Full Indexes selected on the strategy attach page? If not, it will revert to basic strategy for some indices dependent on the setting of that option.

I don't have their app. I just received the tables from Colin.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I changed to Full Indexes ( had select "mask" before now), and it fixed the problem, thanks so much!

I have not gotten a membership on BJA yet, so maybe the web site has an update or better defined rules. The app is sort of basic for non members, but still quite good.

thanks for your assistance.