Thread: Curious 52 cards and true count of +4

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Curious 52 cards and true count of +4

Most games - H17 or S17, split, double down after split, double any 2 cards ,early surrender 8 decks great pen (about 1 to 1 1/4 cut off).

Count- KO count (IRC set to 0) max bet at RC +32 anywhere in the shoe. Betting ramp in place to utilize a form of TKO to make floating bets prior to max bet indicator of +32 dependant on number of decks played.

Issue- first shoe, lot's of low cards come out. Count is at + 11 not even 52 cards have been dealt.

Theory - Cards are dealt at random, for every hand, one can expect 2.5 cards consisting of 1 high card and (fill in the blank, don't have my notes in front of me)

Question: is it accurate to play a whole shoe 1 deck at a time as in this scenario, true count even at hi-lo equivalent is astronomical.

I've had success increasing my bet right out the gate, but not my max bet even though on a per deck or 52 card basis, the TC would warrant max.

Thanks

At +11 hi lo or halves - early surrender not clarified assume against ace as well. House edge likely around .25 against full ES and .4 give or take S17 H17 respectively. Not specified number of players let’s say heads up.

1st round you have an advantage, 4 rounds in heads up you have a nice advantage. Excercise caution due to wild permutations 8 deck shoe and early in.

Question: is it accurate to play a whole shoe 1 deck at a time as in this scenario, true count even at hi-lo equivalent is astronomical.
    No, it’s running count divided by decks remaining.

I've had success increasing my bet right out the gate, but not my max bet even though on a per deck or 52 card basis, the TC would warrant max.
    Dangerous thinking- Think in terms of true count per deck.

Exceptions can be made for shuffle trackers - in this case, a running co7nt of 11 after 1 deck and knowing that the next slug of cards are useless

Thanks for the response Freightman.