See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Books to read or software...

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Books to read or software...

Hey All, new to the forum and want to learn counting. Does anyone have information on what books to read or a good software to use? I learned to count down a deck...HAHAHA! But seriously, I would like to progress from there. What's the next step, getting 8 decks..? Any information would be appreciated.

If you’re just starting out, I would recommend picking up a copy of Professional Blackjack by Stanford Wong. It’s an old book but still a great reference. The Hi-Lo charts have since been updated by others with higher fidelity sims, but the book is a good overview of the things you have to understand like variance and Risk-of-Ruin. There are a ton of other reputable books, but not sure if you’re ready to dive into the deeper technical stuff or the non-technical playing nuances. Eventually you’ll want to pick up Blackjack Attack, Version 3 by Don Schlesinger. I consider this book the “bible” but might be overwhelming if you’re just starting. There’s a free book Modern Blackjack by Norm Wattenberger (Norm runs this site) at qfit.com which should also be on your list.

For practice/training software, pick up CVBJ at qfit.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Intermediate View Post
    If you’re just starting out, I would recommend picking up a copy of Professional Blackjack by Stanford Wong.
    +1

i would say use Norm's Reko , that would be enough for the beginning . When you are ready to up your game just learn the full version and use all the tweaks for this simplified version of K.O. Quality of the game and other factors such as tolerance are much more important to winning at bj

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    https://www.qfit.com/book/ModernBlackjackPage-10.htm

https://www.blackjackincolor.com/index.htm

I also highly reccomend Norms software. Maybe start with CVBJ and if you decide to pursue further then CVCX.