See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: CVCX Complete Zen Count Indices

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX Complete Zen Count Indices

It appears the Complete Zen Count indices provided by CVCX are highly inaccurate, providing significantly worse results than HiLo for any game.

I know they were taken directly from Arnold Snyder and were calculated some 30 years ago (they don't even have surrender indexes) and the indices are what people are used to- not the optimal EV or risk averse.

Does anyone have an index table for 6 deck 75% pen H17 LS DAS RSA (dealer peeks 10)?

Blog Entries

Yes all indices in CV software come from the original authors, most of which are dated, because that's what folks are using.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by hogwashap View Post
    It appears the Complete Zen Count indices provided by CVCX are highly inaccurate, providing significantly worse results than HiLo for any game.

I know they were taken directly from Arnold Snyder and were calculated some 30 years ago (they don't even have surrender indexes) and the indices are what people are used to- not the optimal EV or risk averse.

Does anyone have an index table for 6 deck 75% pen H17 LS DAS RSA (dealer peeks 10)?
    What version of CVCX do you have? CVCX is a product that goes hand in hand with CVData/CVIndex. That said, it's very important to have
    CVIndex to generate specific indices for the game you're going to face. I wouldn't trust indices that were created decades ago, many of which were
    algebraically derived. I've been checking what you said about Hi-Lo outperforming Zen under the mentioned conditions. That shouldn't happen, and ideally,
    one should calculate their own indices. For that scenario, Hi-Lo-Full with a spread of 1-16 has a SCORE of 34.57, while Zen-Full has a SCORE of 29.52.
    CAC2 slightly surpasses Zen, and the SCORE I obtain with a set of only 26 indices is 35.92. If it were 70 indices, the SCORE would rise to 38.77.
    But the ranking should remain: 1) CAC2, 2) Zen, and further down in the table, Hi-Lo.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Cac
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Again, see BJA3, pp. 171-172. There is no scenario under which Zen does not outperform Hi-Lo if the indices are properly derived and betting is optimal for the desired spread.

Don

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by hogwashap View Post

I was thinking about the lack of LS indices in Zen-Full, and that's the explanation of why Hi-Lo-Full surpasses Zen-Full.
    In the first case, Hi-Lo does have the LS indices, and you're comparing it against Zen, which doesn't have them.
    If you select H17, DAS, RSA in CVCX, you will see the correct ranking: 1) CAC2=23.73, 2) Zen=23.49, and lastly Hi-Lo=20.59.

By the way, here are the FAB4/H17 for Zen:

15vA = -2
    14vT = +4
    15vT = -1
    15v9 = +4

Sincerely,
    Cac
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.