Thread: CVCX Q - Count Frequency and TC

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX Q - Count Frequency and TC

Looking at some CAC2 stuff in CVCX and playing around with it.
    Looking forward to digging in and eventually trying it.
    Really basic question here which is probably more about CVCX than it is CAC2.

When I switch from regular counts to half-counts it shows the number of hands at -2 (and lower) switching from 34.6% to 29.5%. This does the same thing for the lowest TC I'm looking at for any other system as well.

To my mind, the number of hands at -2 and lower should remain the same irrespective of whether I'm looking at half-counts for the rest of it. But it isn't the same.
    I assume this is the result of flooring and/or rounding or something. But that leaves me wondering about any efforts to possibly wong-out and what exactly this is indicating.
    So if I show TC -2 and worse and thus miss 34.6% of the hands then does that mean the player has been leaving at more like -1.5 TC? (because of rounding).

On the half-count page it shows -29.5% for the -2 and worse. SO maybe that is a an actual -2 for the player to leave? Or is it more like -1.75?

Hope this makes sense to somebody. Ultimately it doesn't matter THAT much. But I'm trying to gain an idea of what exactly this is showing as I play around with different strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidecount View Post
    Looking at some CAC2 stuff in CVCX and playing around with it.
    Looking forward to digging in and eventually trying it.
    Really basic question here which is probably more about CVCX than it is CAC2.

When I switch from regular counts to half-counts it shows the number of hands at -2 (and lower) switching from 34.6% to 29.5%. This does the same thing for the lowest TC I'm looking at for any other system as well.

To my mind, the number of hands at -2 and lower should remain the same irrespective of whether I'm looking at half-counts for the rest of it. But it isn't the same.
    I assume this is the result of flooring and/or rounding or something. But that leaves me wondering about any efforts to possibly wong-out and what exactly this is indicating.
    So if I show TC -2 and worse and thus miss 34.6% of the hands then does that mean the player has been leaving at more like -1.5 TC? (because of rounding).

On the half-count page it shows -29.5% for the -2 and worse. SO maybe that is a an actual -2 for the player to leave? Or is it more like -1.75?

Hope this makes sense to somebody. Ultimately it doesn't matter THAT much. But I'm trying to gain an idea of what exactly this is showing as I play around with different strategies.
    Hi Sidecount,

I don't quite understand your question. I don't understand what you mean when you say you're switching from regular counts to half-counts.
    Perhaps you're referring to something specific to CVCX, in which case maybe Norman can help you.

Sincerely,
    Cac
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

I think he's allowing for half true counts, like 2.5.

Don

Sorry for the confusion.

When I switch the setting on CVCX to show half-counts is what I'm referencing.

The lowest count on CVCX is -2. That is the floor.

If I an just using whole numbers then it shows that the percentage of hands of -2 and lower is 34.6%.

But if I have half-counts checkbox ticked then the percentage of hands of -2 and lower suddenly 29.5%. Even though it is still the same floor of -2.

Even though it is the same floor to list all hands -2 and lower...the percentage changes. So if I want to simply know how many hands are -2 and lower I can't tell if it is 29% or 34%.

It's a little thing but something I was curious about as I try to figure out the effects of flooring on these stats.
    Last edited by Sidecount; 02-29-2024 at 11:10 AM.

Now, look at the different ramps in positive counts using half true counts vs, full true counts. Xample - 3-4 people at table at 1st round. RC after hand is 9. Full true counts will show this as a part of the True 1 bucket. Half true counts will upgrade this and show a different ramp.

Utilizing half true counts will increase your EV.

But if I have half-counts checkbox ticked then the percentage of hands of -2 and lower suddenly 29.5%. Even though it is still the same floor of -2.
    Well, sure. If you're using full-count buckets, a floored TC of -2 means all TCs from -2.00 to -1.01. If using half TCs, -2 means -2.00 to -1.51. So, of course the half-TC frequency is lower than the full-TC frequency.

Clear?

Don

Wonderful. And, yes, I believe so.
    So when it includes -1.51 through -2.00 then the designation of "< -2" means that it is really all hands -1.51 and lower.

So in this situation for the paramaters I have set:
    34.6% of hands are played at -1.01 and lower
    29.5% of hands are played at -1.51 and lower

Thanks for your help. And this is what I thought it might be but I wasn't sure.
    This is relevant for my efforts to run sims on strategies involving wong outs. Obviously, nobody is going to be figuring it out to such accuracy as -1.51 at the table but it is still good info to have and helps my understanding of how it works.

So when it includes -1.51 through -2.00 then the designation of "< -2" means that it is really all hands -1.51 and lower.
    Right. Only I'm thinking that, since we're going to the left and not the right, it probably should be -1.50 to begin the interval.

Don