Thread: Is my game generating positive EV?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Is my game generating positive EV?

I know 8500 hands is a small number of rounds to gauge an accurate answer but I bet 5 at TC<0 and at TC1+ I flat bet 50. After 8500 hands I am up 1300. Does that mean my game is generating positive EV?
    Last edited by Suddly; 02-27-2024 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suddly View Post

I know 8500 hands is a small number of rounds to gauge an accurate answer but I bet 5 at TC<0 and at TC1+ I flat bet 50. After 8500 hands I am up 1300. Does that mean my game is generating positive EV?
    If you are betting into positive counts correctly your expectation is always positive.

Whether your approach is wise or sensible is another matter.

I could be wrong here but everything I have learned is that flat betting does not maximize your EV potential. Sure it looks like you made money/EV, but how much more COULD you have made if if you had a better bet spread that really ramps up as your TC moves up. I play my fair share of $10 min tables but I don't think I have ever flat betted $50 at a TC of +1. You should probably invest in some software like CVCX and sim up your bet spread. I looked at my chart where I track my sessions at at the same number of hands I was up over x3 that amount of money and I had hit some nasty variance shortly before that. If you are playing a 6 deck shoe, standard vegas table rules, I don't think in the long run you will make much money flat betting thru positive counts. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Suddly View Post

What is your bankroll?

Don

We don't know anything about the game. If it's single deck, that's a great game. If it's an 8 decker with 2 cut off, you aren't making minimum wage.

How many decks, hit/stand on soft 17, is surrender offered. etc.

For most modern games, a 1-10 spread is not strong enough to gain an advantage worth risking money on. It can be ok on some games if you leave negative counts, but if you're staying for all counts, you generally need to go at least 1-15 or 1-20. And lots of games require 1-30 or more to get a playable advantage.

And you probably shouldn't jump spread like that. It's not the optimal way to manage risk. It's better to ramp up your bets as your advantage increases.
    The Cash Cow.

What is your bankroll join the online plinko craze?
    Last edited by Edwinschmeler; 03-06-2024 at 09:02 AM.