See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice from folks who use multiple card side count

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacarulo View Post
    The topic of memorization techniques is highly personal. What some find easy, others may find challenging, and vice versa.
    The chip method is a good alternative, but discretion is key. Some people effortlessly maintain two or more side counts.
    It's all a matter of practice. However, before delving into more advanced techniques, it's crucial to master CAC2 first.

Sincerely,
    Cac
    Ah, yes. In fact I just read about someone's post whom mentioned a using two stacks of 24 chips. I imagined them plucking chips off these two massive towering stacks mid round and building them back to size at shoe's end. But yes, I suppose you could use chips with discretion. Haha. Thanks for the laugh. I have to be less rigid in my thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cacarulo View Post
    That's a very good example of how to use side counts to improve betting efficiency. Years ago, I remember analyzing HO2/A against HO2/A36,
    and the conclusion was that the former outperformed the latter. The explanation is simple: the former has a better BC/BE.

HO2 ------ 0.9172/0.8826
    HO2/A ---- 0.9798/0.9712
    HO2/A36 -- 0.9759/0.9657

However, when comparing it to CAC2 and CAC2/A5, the difference is noticeable:

CAC2 ----- 0.9621/0.9461
    CAC2/A5 -- 0.9829/0.9756

Anyway, it is not my intention to provide more information about a privately marketed system.
    I just wanted to emphasize the importance of choosing a secondary count.

Sincerely,
    Cac
    A couple of thoughts. Hi Opt 1 or 2 have laughable betting correlations without the accepted ASC as shown above. I kinda sorta thought that Hi Opt 2 with ASC had higher BC than what you’ve shown above. I kinda sorta think that Hi Opt 2 with both Ace and 7 side count outperforms Hi Opt 2 A36. I’m either right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    A couple of thoughts. Hi Opt 1 or 2 have laughable betting correlations without the accepted ASC as shown above. I kinda sorta thought that Hi Opt 2 with ASC had higher BC than what you’ve shown above. I kinda sorta think that Hi Opt 2 with both Ace and 7 side count outperforms Hi Opt 2 A36. I’m either right or wrong.
    HO2/A remains superior. The 7 is already at its optimal value.

Sincerely,
    Cac
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

You use the Hi Opt counts in order to use an ace side count. Unless you're playing 6:5 or some kind of variant, it doesn't make a lot of sense to use an ace neutral count without an ace side count. 6:5 and variants with altered blackjack payouts are an exception because the effect of removal is less, but even then Zen count is generally better and easier since it doesn't have a side count. I think Superfun 21 is the only game I can think of that it would make sense, and that game is almost dead.
    The Cash Cow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12