See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: How many hours do you need to log to get a realistic picture of your performance?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    To have a 39/40 chance to be at break-even or ahead you'll need to play about 1000 hours on the modern game straight counting. To have a roughly 8/10 chance about 250 hours. Even then 5 equally skilled players will have 1 player way above EV, three clustered between 50% and 150% of EV and one near break even or losing. That said if you play 800+ hours a year you will win most years with occasional 100 hour losing streaks. The more you table hop to fresh shoes and the more heads up play at better rules the faster you will get into the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Bigplayer, I once saw you say something to the effect of not to play games with less than a .9% W/L and that games with at least a %1.3 W/L seem to have much less variance and a much quicker win rate. Is there a N0 number that you consider a cutoff as unnacceptable/very good?