Thread: New guy to Blackjack Counting

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Lightbulb New guy to Blackjack Counting

Hey, I am Stark, your friendly neighborhood enthusiast of all things caffeinated and a part-time explorer of the digital cosmos, locating in the Bay area.

Looking for some guidance or some link of e-books to let me get into this Blackjack counting thing. (I just finished the blackjack for blood) I am a software engineer for my full time job. If you have any ideas we can create the software as well.

I believe in the power of community and learning from each other. So, let's embark on this intergalactic journey together.

[/COLOR]

"Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Greetings,
    First off I'd like to say welcome. I'm sure Amazon has many ebooks available for download, but in today's information age it may be difficult get the quality material amongst the dated, and non viable approaches.
    If you're a subscribed user to this site you will find you have access to Dr Richard Reid's ebook (Dynamic Blackjack).
    Norm's ebook in it's entirety is available online here which is great.

Through chatting with user @moo321 I discovered archived Snyder' articles here:
    https://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/gamb...-forum-online/

Currently am using this resource:
    https://www.blackjackreview.com/wp/encyclopedia/books/
    To determine which materials to read and which to pass over.

Best of luck

BJA3 by renowned Don Schlesinger (from what I heard) is probably the single best modern day publication for approaching the game and in depth Hi Lo analysis. I personally am too cheap to purchase it, but once my priority focuses more again to active blackjack play I surely plan to pick it up

While BJA3 is essential to any counter's library, it certainly isn't for beginners. I'd suggest Knockout Blackjack, Wong's Professional Blackjack, and/or one of Snyder's beginner books such as Blackbelt in Blackjack or The Big Book of Blackjack. I have print editions and don't know of their ebook status.

Wong's Professional Blackjack, and/or one of Snyder's beginner books such as Blackbelt in Blackjack
    Absolutely the best for a beginner and still really good for experienced players. I continue to reference these books after many many years - PBJ for its very informative and practical presentation and Snyders Blackbelt in Blackjack for its juicy hidden nuggets, some of which I’ve adopted into my style of longevity by deception.

I admit I did make some assumptions about the OP's (OP=original poster) profession and area of residence that he would have a fair bit of disposable income and would be able to make the appropriate discernment on whether or not he was fully willing to dive into BJ with purchasing software and amassing a large library of literature. Thanks for qualitatively specifying this consideration in your recommendations @freightman @21forme .

Here's a course you could take at your own pace to build from zero: Blackjack Card Counting Course - A Comprehensive 24 Lesson Series (blackjackinfo.com)