See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6:5 Double Deck

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Dalmatian
    With 1x50 to 2x800, there’s enough EV to use hotels/motels. As I’ve said to you in prior threads, throwing out those numbers while wearing crumpled Walmart slacks with armpit stained shirts and greasy unwashed hair is a fast recipe for quick backoff.

At the very least, buy a combination lock similar to what you used in school - find a close by college or university, locate their physical education building or premise, and use those shower facilities. Naturally, bring in fresh clothes cleaned by a dry cleaner or from a laundry mat. Oy!
    Freightman I'm upset at myself for even acknowledging you with a response but we've been over this a million times. I'm the greatest road warrior of all time. I shower at Starbucks and Jersey Mike's just lock myself in the bathroom and hose down.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I'm the greatest road warrior of all time
    Congratulations

I shower at Starbucks and Jersey Mike's just lock myself in the bathroom and hose down.
    If a table mate at a hi limit table permeated the air with the foul stinking odor of pit rot accompanied by Sally Anne clothing with hoseddown unshampooed greasy hair - at the very least I’d ask said person to keep their distance. More than likely, I would ask the pit for a new heads up table as said odiferous individual would be degrading my enjoyment level.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Haven't played 6:5 ever in my life. I would assume the indices are the same, no change from 3:2 right? Also, do they offer insurance in 6:5? I've read that even money isn't offered because it is +EV off the bat for the players. But since insurance is a bet as to whether the dealer has a blackjack, it must become profitable at the normal +3 true count on multi-deck right?

Finally, I don't know why this is so but I never read a single blackjack book that explicitly set the insurance straight when switching between single, double, and 6 deck. I've always been playing halves or hi low take insurance at +3 for DD and 6 deck. But isn't it like +2.5 for DD and +2 for single deck? Norm's CVData indice generator always just spits out +3 for DD and above and +2 for single deck. Thanks for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatian View Post
    Finally, I don't know why this is so but I never read a single blackjack book that explicitly set the insurance straight when switching between single, double, and 6 deck. I've always been playing halves or hi low take insurance at +3 for DD and 6 deck. But isn't it like +2.5 for DD and +2 for single deck? Norm's CVData indice generator always just spits out +3 for DD and above and +2 for single deck. Thanks for any input.
    BJA3, p. 213, explicitly sets insurance straight switching among single, double, and 6 deck. Indices are +3, +3, and +2. If you mention fractional indices for DD (2.4) and SD (1.4), that doesn't change the fact that the correct floored indices for those are +3 and +2 respectively.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    BJA3, p. 213, explicitly sets insurance straight switching among single, double, and 6 deck. Indices are +3, +3, and +2. If you mention fractional indices for DD (2.4) and SD (1.4), that doesn't change the fact that the correct floored indices for those are +3 and +2 respectively.

Don
    Don,

I bought ur book but also have massive ADHD and never made it to pg. 213. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    If you mention fractional indices for DD (2.4) and SD (1.4), that doesn't change the fact that the correct floored indices for those are +3 and +2 respectively.

Don
    Is floored the right term here though? I thought floored means you go down when it is a decimal (less positive or more negative)....

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Is floored the right term here though? I thought floored means you go down when it is a decimal (less positive or more negative)....
    The point is that indices are determined over an entire interval, or bucket, and not just a single point. If, for example, you insure at +2 in DD, you are insuring all counts from +2 to just below +3. So, if the "precise" index is, say, +2.4, you are making a mistake over the interval +2 to +2.4. And that is more costly than being right from +2.5 to +3. So, taken as an entire interval, you have to wait until floored +3 (+3 to just below +4) to be positive EV. You might think that there is more frequency to the bucket from +2.4 to +3 than from +2 to +2.4, so you'd be right more than wrong, but that isn't true, because there is more frequency to the first interval, as the frequency decreases as the TC increases. I know it sounds complicated, but you have to trust the math.

The same analogy applies to SD.

Don

So, if the "precise" index is, say, +2.4, you are making a mistake over the interval +2 to +2.4. And that is more costly than being right from +2.5 to +3.
    Easy enough to interpolate and use the correct 2.4 for hi lo or 2.7 for halves DD.

And that is more costly than being right from +2.5 to +3
    Absolutely agree

because there is more frequency to the first interval, as the frequency decreases as the TC increases. I know it sounds complicated, but you have to trust the math.
    Pretty simple actually. Any CV sim will show the declining frequencies per unit increase in true count, or for that matter declining frequencies in erosion of negative counts

If you mention fractional indices for DD (2.4) and SD (1.4), that doesn't change the fact that the correct floored indices for those are +3 and +2 respectively.
    That may be so, but it doesn’t alter the fact insuring at anything below +2.4 or 2.7 is incorrect.

Finally, I don't know why this is so but I never read a single blackjack book that explicitly set the insurance straight when switching between single, double, and 6 deck. I've always been playing halves or hi low take insurance at +3 for DD and 6 deck. But isn't it like +2.5 for DD and +2 for single deck?
    The greatest blackjack player alive should know this

Regardless of the precise strike point, consider insurance below strike point for good hands such as 19 or 20. Can be regarded as a variance reducer.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Haven't played 6:5 ever in my life. I would assume the indices are the same, no change from 3:2 right? Also, do they offer insurance in 6:5? I've read that even money isn't offered because it is +EV off the bat for the players. But since insurance is a bet as to whether the dealer has a blackjack, it must become profitable at the normal +3 true count on multi-deck right?
    You use the same indexes for 6:5 as for 3:2 blackjack. The blackjack payout doesn't affect the play of the hands.

I've never heard of a 6:5 game not offering insurance. Most don't offer even money, but some do, and you should take even money if it's offered.
    The Cash Cow.

@ Don

Thank you that makes perfcet sense

@Freightman

I never said greatest blackjack player, I said greatest versatile twink freak road warrior that uses halves. get it right

@ Don

Thank you that makes perfcet sense

@Freightman

I never said greatest blackjack player, I said greatest versatile twink freak road warrior that uses halves. get it right
    You've utilized both statements in various posts. I don’t believe either is correct.

Dealt to the last card and 6:5 is the best game ever. My question is at which level penetration is the tipping point where it's no longer a candy game? 95%? 90? 85%?......

I'm too lazy to run a sim and wanted someone to just tell me.

what was i thinking..............

This attitude of "Make Me Smart..." on this site will not help any of you with anything. There are fundamental things you MUST understand and research & confirm for yourself.
    You CANNOT rely on others to just tell you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12