See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much does perfect play reduce house advantage?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by arrogance View Post
    Yea that makes sense. For split strategy, what do you use in your sim? Applying the pre-split optimal strat to all split hands or varying as a function of remaining split hands? In my program, I'm thinking of just applying the pre-split optimal strat to all split hands as I feel like the latter will increase the time it'll take to sim.

On a different note, say for example we had a game like H17 DAS 1.5/2, by flat betting and playing perfectly based on the depleted shoe, do you think that the player will have a break-even game off the top? Curious on your input from this but I'll be running my own sims on this soon.
    I believe you'll do well by implementing the optimal pre-split strategy. However, running a simulation is different from conducting combinatorial analysis. While it's possible to combine both, it becomes quite complex.
    As for the other question, I doubt that achieving break-even is feasible with perfect play in a game where the initial EV is so high (-0.380%). On the contrary, if it were a 2D-S17-DAS game (-0.178%), I would say reaching break-even is plausible.
    Let's not forget that there is also a negative effect on the cut card (CCE).

Sincerely,
    Cac
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    The Wizard’s Blackjack Hand Calculator could work on my cellphone giving a result in less than a second for any deck composition. I still haven’t figured out how to use Eric Farmer’s calculator. Do I need a computer to install this program to run it? I haven’t had my laptop for a couple of days.

Where can I find the cell phone version of Wizard’s Blackjack Hand Calculator? I thought only the website version was available? https://wizardofodds.com/games/black...nd-calculator/

This is exactly the blackjack hand calculator I referred to. I used it online with my cellphone to check the hand EV numbers, but recently I could not use it for a given shoe composition. These input boxes were all greyed out, so there was no way for me to type in these composition numbers. I asked the Wizard about this but he hasn’t responded.

The Wizard’s Blackjack Hand Calculator could work on my cellphone giving a result in less than a second for any deck composition. I still haven’t figured out how to use Eric Farmer’s calculator. Do I need a computer to install this program to run it? I haven’t had my laptop for a couple of days.
    You need to compile the program with c++. If you don’t know how to do that, not much I can really help with. I found this online as well. Great tool that I’m pretty sure is just the UI front end for the calculator

http://www.bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

This is a tool from k_c here. It works perfectly for my purpose, but I am not sure if this gives the optimal strategy at each decision point or not. There is also a confusion of basic strategy and best strategy in this tool. There is only one best strategy at each decision point, I guess. Thank you for finding this.
    Last edited by aceside; 11-27-2023 at 06:32 AM.

aceside,

Yes, Farmer's program runs on a computer.

Dog Hand

If perfect play means optimal bet spread with, let’s say, I18 indices, then I would have initially agreed 30% increase in EV - however a fairly recent thread on the issue suggested increases of up to to 80% on a S17 game, and reasonably close at H17. I would further add that increases to EV increase with greater penetration. This would primarily be to increased higher true count indices coming into play.....

www.routerlogin.net

Pikashow.ltd
    Last edited by minati3748; 11-30-2023 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minati3748 View Post
    If perfect play means optimal bet spread with, let’s say, I18 indices, then I would have initially agreed 30% increase in EV - however a fairly recent thread on the issue suggested increases of up to to 80% on a S17 game, and reasonably close at H17. I would further add that increases to EV increase with greater penetration. This would primarily be to increased higher true count indices coming into play.....
    Yogiism
    It’s Deja vu - all over again.
    It’s absolutely amazing. Exact wording of one of the paragraphs in Post 3 of this thread. I’m gobsmacked.

Welcome to the board.

A lot of discussion was focused on the optimal strategy for pair splitting, but I think it’s probably negligible for a shoe game. I have tried k_c online calculator a few times on a 6-deck shoe, by calculating this particular hand of 2,2 vs T. The result is that his basic strategy and best strategy give slightly different EV numbers for this hand, but eventually gave the same hitting decision. K_c is here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123