Thread: CVCX strategy tabled displayed incorrectly

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX strategy tabled displayed incorrectly

In the "Attach Playing Strategy" section, when I click "Display Tables" It displays tables that are different from if you open the strategy up using the "Define/Edit Strategy" button.

When I click "Display Tables" this window pops up:
    https://i.imgur.com/sfgzbpn.png

If I go into the strategy editor and open up the exact same strategy, then open the strategy table, it displays this:
    https://i.imgur.com/7LD68wy.png

It does this same thing for any of the tables I try to edit.
    I've tried fully saving and restarting the program, and it didn't work. I even tried creating a duplicate strategy just in case something was wrong with that one, and the problem persisted with the duplicate.

I'm also seeing this.

Blog Entries

CVCX can run sims for many combinations of rules/decks at once. The strategy files can contain different sets of tables for different sets of rules/decks. It automatically switches to the correct table sets. But if you just display from Display Tables, it cannot display all table sets at once. It just displays one of the sets. Also, there are options on the Attach Strategies screen which can reduce the indices used which will change the display.
    Last edited by Norm; 11-25-2023 at 12:22 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Aha!

In the Attach screen, if you click "Full Indexes", it will display the correct tables.

If you click illustrious 18 or sweet 16, it displays incorrect entries for some tables.

I confirmed this with the "never bust" basic strategy. With full indexes, the hard hit/stand table is correct. With either of the other options, the displayed table shows to hit on some 12+.

Full Indexes:

Illustrious 18 (no other changes)

Blog Entries

Well, if you use Il18 or Sweet 16, it is supposed to change the tables. That’s the entire point of those settings.

norm
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

To close this thread out, Norm indicated by email that when you use Ill 18, it changes all the cells other than Ill 18 to Basic Strategy. I assume similar is true for the Sweet 16 indexes.