Thread: REKO learning.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

REKO learning.

Hello I’m learning ReKO and was wondering for basic strategies for 6D and 8D can I use these charts to learn basic strategy?
    https://www.blackjackapprenticeship....rategy-charts/

Or is there a basic chart for ReKO that I don’t see?

Basic strategy has nothing to do with what counting system you are using. The charts you have referenced are reliable. Make sure you use the correct chart for the rules you are playing.

Those BJA basic charts are slightly different than the ReKO charts on CVCX charts. That’s where I’m confused on. Splits, hard totals, and soft totals are both different.

REKO uses its own strategy, which varies slightly from basic strategy. Use the charts provided at the bottom of this page:

https://www.qfit.com/rekostrategy.htm

Quote Originally Posted by G3G3 View Post
    Those BJA basic charts are slightly different than the ReKO charts on CVCX charts. That’s where I’m confused on. Splits, hard totals, and soft totals are both different.
    Basic strategy does not have a counting component.

REKO is one of the many card counting methods…,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick one for the reko experts. Is my math correct?

If I adjust the IRC=0. 6D. +17 would be the first count to start ramping and +22 would be indexes?

And 8D at IRC=0 would be +24 and +29?

When you write, "+17 would be the first count to start ramping and +22 would be indexes," do you not use any 0 (Hi-Lo equivalent) indexes?

Don

I’m using straight old school reko from Norm. Just adjusting the IRC to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by CuseJuice View Post
    Quick one for the reko experts. Is my math correct? If I adjust the IRC=0. 6D. +17 would be the first count to start ramping and +22 would be indexes? And 8D at IRC=0 would be +24 and +29? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For 6D, yes that is correct. I too, start from zero. Personally I add some index plays below 22 (ie: stand on 16 on any positive count). Do not neglect that 14 surrender and 88 surrender at the pivot point, massive EV losses can happen here. Also note that penetration can affect when you start ramping. Worse cuts can see bet raises start *before* 17. Be sure to sim the rules that you will be playing.

Great stuff. Thank you. Do you use dravots work to true count your reko?

Is that how you know to begin damping before +17 (IRC=0)?

Quote Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
    For 6D, yes that is correct. I too, start from zero. Personally I add some index plays below 22 (ie: stand on 16 on any positive count). Do not neglect that 14 surrender and 88 surrender at the pivot point, massive EV losses can happen here. Also note that penetration can affect when you start ramping. Worse cuts can see bet raises start *before* 17. Be sure to sim the rules that you will be playing.
    Oh, you’re saying my CVCX will tell me whether to ramp earlier based on the pen I input