See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2023-2024

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Winter 2023-2024

Yep, it's that time of year to start thinking about snow removal. I will be going with a new service provider for this winter. My new snow plower (I should say snow blower) will also be doing all my paths this year. The season will start with the first 2" of snow and will include May if necessary. Hope we have a mild winter. I already have paid in full for the entire winter.

Here is photo of one of the blowers they use. It can clear a one lane driveway in about 90 seconds.

Snow Blower Winter 2023.JPG

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    First snow of the winter arrived today October 28, 2023. Last year the first snow came on Oct 7, 2022. It is not unusual to get snow in Oct. In fact the last time we didn't get snow in October was way back in 1971 according to the weatherman.

Anyway, good time to turn up the heat and play a late night blackjack game with the wind hollowing outside. The problem is I already played all the proms I had for this weekend.

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...tart-new-week/
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 10-28-2023 at 04:03 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    We got about 4 inches of snow so far. It looks like twin lakes got about 6 inches as they are in a favored snow belt.
    https://pkv.uarhelp.com:6100/axis-cg...lution=800x600

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I'm not ready for this.

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING
    TO 6 AM EDT TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow expected. Total snow accumulations
    of up to 10 inches in the most persistent band.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    I'm not ready for this.
    Move!

First snow Oct 30, 2023

Yeah frost on the pumpkin or should I say snow.

First Snow Oct 30 2023.JPG

First snow took the deer by surprise.

Deer Oct 30 2023.JPG

Our El Nino winter arrives. Record high temps forecast for tomorrow. Thursday is forecast to have a high of 64.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Our El Nino winter arrives. Record high temps forecast for tomorrow. Thursday is forecast to have a high of 64.
    In NYC also. Weird.

Don

We Had a Green Thanksgiving
    And I don't mean the green beans my wife had for Thanksgiving. No snow at all. We actually walked about a half mile to a Thanksgiving buffet. Very windy, but no snow to be seen. A "no snow" Thanksgiving happens once in a while, but most of the time we have snow.

Now I've been waiting almost 3/4 of a century to see a green Christmas. It hasn't happened in my lifetime, but maybe this will be the year.

I Find This Hard to Believe
    Yep, Mt Bohemia in the U.P. of MI has been voted #1 ski resort in North America. Heck, I don't think they even have any snow making equipment. No hotels on site, but they do have a few yurts. Also no cell service, however there is free wifi in the main yurts.

A few years ago (probably quite a few by now) my wife and I rode the chairlift to the top at Mt Bohemia to see the fall colors. Nice view, but surely doesn't rank as #1.

Anyway since 21forme has 3 sking trips in this year, I vote he come and check it out for us and report back if it is the best in North America. However he better wait a month or two because as of right now we only have about an inch of snow on the ground. Temps next week are expected to be above freezing. Yep, we are on track to have a green Christmas.

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...s-10best-list/

https://www.google.com/travel/search...3M&ictx=1&sa=X

Where is the Snow?
    So far for the month of Dec we only received 2 inches of snow. Right now at 9:00 pm its 43 degrees out there. Rain is predicted for tomorrow. The least snowy Dec for us was when I was in 8th grade. That year we only got 3.7 inches of snow in Dec. Heck, it is not unusual for us to get around 7 feet of snow in Dec. Last year 80 inches in just Dec alone. I have my fingers crossed if this will be my first green Christmas.
    https://www.keweenawcountyonline.org/snowfall-full.php

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast