Thread: Can you split any pair of 10 card ?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Can you split any pair of 10 card ?

Can you split tens, even if the ten value card is not of the same rank? For example if you have are dealt a queen and a queen, can you split those cards since they both individually have a value of 10?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    yes

Correct, any two cards of equivalent value:
    a (10,10), a (Q,Q), a (10,Q), a (J,K), etc.

Sent from my SM-A236U using Tapatalk

Yes but why would you?

Even against a dealer 6, on average you will win $7 on a $10 bet if you stand and $5 if you split.

Quote Originally Posted by redtop43 View Post
    Yes but why would you?

Even against a dealer 6, on average you will win $7 on a $10 bet if you stand and $5 if you split.
    Clearly, you are unfamiliar with index play - at either strike point or at Risk Averse Levels. Indexes being the true count where it becomes profitable to increase profit or to reduce loss by deviating from Basic. My comment makes it clear that they’re both positive and negative indexes.

Quote Originally Posted by redtop43 View Post
    Yes but why would you?

You still fail to realize this is an AP forum, not a general gambling forum.

Agreed, guys.

But, our forum can also grow new APs.
    It appears that this OP, Flip, is a novice, or perhaps a beginner, yearning to advance. Let's help him.

First, he must re-learn Basic Strategy, i.e., you NEVER split any Tens. Ever.
    Then he must get a count, and learn the indices, i.e., ONLY split Tens if the dealer shows a 6, 5, or 4 upcard, and only if the True count is very high, higher, and highest respectively.
    Lastly, he must understand that real APs only split Tens when the environment is right and their camouflage is perfect.

Hope that helps.
    Cheers,
    Ole

Sent from my SM-A236U using Tapatalk

To date in my new life as an AP player vs a gambler... the most memorable moment so far hasn't been the biggest win or loss but the first time I split 10/10 vs a dealers 6 and the TC was +6. I decided to just 'go for it' and do it even though I knew it might be my last hand. I was at a table of 4 other players ([ploppys) and when I did that this lady barked at me about how dumb I was. I would have had 2 spots of $200 out but the lady next to me had just sat down and I had to go back to a single spot so I had pushed out $300 (max table bet) and I hit a 4 and 5 and then I stayed on both hands. Again the chorus of "you idiot" hit me. Then the dealer flipped his down card and he had 14 and then took another and got an 10, busted. Big win and everyone just kept on saying how damn lucky I was. I thought for sure alarms would start going off and the pit boss would race over and back me off but I just kept on playing out the shoe and took my color up and cashed out with over $2,500 in the win column. I guess I got lucky in that everyone including the pit boss just thought I was a ploppy. Still working on learning a few more indices beyound the "18" but I am only adding 1 or so every couple of months. Good on basic strategy and the illustrious 18 and a getting faster every day with counting. Still struggle at times with a fast deal and a full table.

For example, in Blackjack, you can split cards even if they have the same rank, for example, two queens. This is called a split. After splitting, you play each of the split cards separately, and each is dealt an additional card to form two separate hands. You will have the opportunity to play each of these hands separately using different strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Can you split tens, even if the ten value card is not of the same rank? For example if you have are dealt a queen and a queen, can you split those cards since they both individually have a value of 10?
    Yes.