See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NORM Interview

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by First Normal Form View Post
    And I heard the cocktail napkin was wet!
    With nothing to write with except the nub of a beige crayon!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by bejammin075 View Post
    With nothing to write with except the nub of a beige crayon!
    What? I heard a quill pen!

Should we just make a separate 'Norm Facts' thread?
    "Wait a minute. How do you beat someone to death with their own skull? That doesn't seem physically possible." "That's what Jimmy kept screaming: 'This doesn't seem physically possible!'"

Norm doesn't know what a TRY..CATCH block is. TRY? He only uses DO.
    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.

Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Before Norm gets into a fight he runs 100 billion simulations of all possible attack combinations and then just throws one incredibly well-timed punch.
    Last edited by ZenFrancisco; 01-15-2015 at 02:48 PM. Reason: I spell even worse than I count cards

Are there still new techniques to be discussed when it comes to beating blackjack?
    Norm - Absolutely. (Sorry, that’s all I can say.)

What will it take to get you to tell me those techniques - I will literally do anything.

...anything

Hell, I liked the response to favorite album the best.
    There ain't one nor can there be, it all depends on mood. Sums up music perfectly, for me anyway.
    Yes, great interview.
    “One man’s remorse is another man’s reminiscence.” Ogden Nash

Blog Entries

Music is not only quicker at altering or reinforcing your mood than drugs; it is legal, cheaper, more readily available, more healthful, and comes in more variety. However, it is addictive.
    Last edited by Norm; 01-15-2015 at 05:38 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

Well, the shelves weren’t exactly overburdened with books on card counting at the time. There was no I’Net, and there was no MIT team. I chose Thorp because it was the only counting system I had heard of. It was clear that I needed more info. So, as soon as I heard about Revere, I made the trip to his house and switched to RPC. (I believe the family still owns the house, 40 years later.) My change wasn’t based on any intelligent evaluation. It was based on the fact that counters I met on my first trip said to go Revere.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

THEPOGG asked: "You’ve also authored two books – Modern Blackjack Vol I and II. Unusually however you went down the route of publishing them for free on the internet first and then offering hard copies for sale to those who want them. What was the thought process behind publishing the book for free? (you can find Modern Blackjack at http://qfit.com/book/index.htm)"

Norm replied: "Patience is not one of my virtues. I looked at the efforts of friends in selling a book and then dealing with the interminable process of getting it in print, had all these pages typed up and edited by Don Schlesinger, and couldn’t bear the concept of waiting a year for it to appear. So, I put it online. When requests for hardcopies came in, I followed Katarina Walker’s path when she self-published her great book, The Pro’s Guide to Spanish 21 and Australian Pontoon."

I have a special request. Will you please make your free book online downloadable? If you want to share your book free to a lot more people, why don't you make your free e-book downloadable?

In order for me to read your free book on my laptop, I need to find a free Wi Fi such as the one in Borg, GN, Bally's, Tropicana,
    Starbucks, Dunkin Doughnuts, Greyhound Lines, etc... If I were able to download your ebook, then I can read your ebook anywhere while I'm in transit and during downtime between bus, train, plane, etc...

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration of my request.

Blog Entries

A couple weeks after putting my book online, someone stole several chapters and claimed he wrote it. Sorry, I will not make life easier for pirates.

norm

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    A couple weeks after putting my book online, someone stole several chapters and claimed he wrote it. Sorry, I will not make life easier for pirates.

norm
    You might want to consider checking in those pirates then, there's a couple sites that have your software pirated.

Blog Entries

I am aware of this and have filed scores of DMCA complaints. There are some criminal sites that simply ignore them. ZG considers the people that run these sites as heroes and has complained that I wouldn't allow him to post about sites that steal my software. I have no idea why he thinks I can support software when it's stolen. This is how the criminal mind works. These people complain about their rights, but have no respect for other people's rights whatsoever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast