Thread: Debit Card Compromised

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Debit Card Compromised

For my gaming account I use two methods of deposit and withdrawal which are a debit card and VIP Preferred.

Now I got a strange call the other day from the fraud folks. At first, I thought it wasn't a legit call, but it was after talking to them for awhile. They didn't want any personal info except to confirm the last 4 digits of my debit card, and for me to confirm some transactions on the card.

I have only ever used this debit card at DraftKings. No other place ever. Now they told me someone by the name of xxxxxx put a transaction thru for zero dollars. I was wondering why anyone would try a zero transaction, but was told they do it to see if the card is active. Anyway the transaction was blocked and they deactivated my card. Wonder if someone hacked DraftKings? Anyone else have problems at DraftKings?

If they were hacked I would suspect more people would have this same issue. Could be a rogue employee. I would google if anyone else has this problem on draftkings.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    For my gaming account I use two methods of deposit and withdrawal which are a debit card and VIP Preferred.

Now I got a strange call the other day from the fraud folks. At first, I thought it wasn't a legit call, but it was after talking to them for awhile. They didn't want any personal info except to confirm the last 4 digits of my debit card, and for me to confirm some transactions on the card.

I have only ever used this debit card at DraftKings. No other place ever. Now they told me someone by the name of xxxxxx put a transaction thru for zero dollars. I was wondering why anyone would try a zero transaction, but was told they do it to see if the card is active. Anyway the transaction was blocked and they deactivated my card. Wonder if someone hacked DraftKings? Anyone else have problems at DraftKings?
    It's interesting that you posted about a problem with your debit card soon after you posted in the Bits and Pieces thread about Banks causing some problems with gambling transactions

you indicated you had no problem with your major account - so, I guess this is a much smaller account

but your thread does seem to again verify that there are some of these types of problems - even if it is not a big thing in this instance - if it happens to someone it can be quite upsetting

DraftKings is not offshore - but again, per a google search, a person in the U.S. gambling with an online offshore account is illegal in some states

some banks may be uncomfortable with such transactions

Last edited by drunk; 12-12-2023 at 04:25 AM.
    Please don't feed the trolls

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    It's interesting that you posted about a problem with your debit card soon after you posted in the Bits and Pieces thread about Banks causing some problems with gambling transactions

you indicated you had no problem with your major account - so, I guess this is a much smaller account

but your thread does seem to again verify that there are some of these types of problems - even if it is not a big thing in this instance - if it happens to someone it can be quite upsetting

DraftKings is not offshore - but again, per a google search, a person in the U.S. gambling with an online offshore account is illegal in some states

some banks may be uncomfortable with such transactions

First, I posted this on 9/1/23 and the thread in bits and pieces wasn't posted until 12/10/23.

It is true that I haven't had any complaints from my bank on the number of transactions or the amount of money I keep on moving into and out of the bank. The amount of money in my gaming account is usually between $30,000 and $50,000. My non-gaming personal checking account has a larger balance, but is at a different bank.

Since the incident happened with my debit card, I no longer use a debit card for any transactions. I have a 7 day rolling line of credit of over $20,000 with VIP Preferred and usually this is enough to fund my gaming. Sometimes it gets kind of tight, but VIP Preferred has been increasing my credit line every 3 months.