See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Card Counting System! (CAC2 + CAC2 Enhanced)

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    How does/would CAC2 compare to HiOPTII w/ASC
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJer View Post
    How does/would CAC2 compare to HiOPTII w/ASC
    Hi-Opt II/ASC is better, but in that case, we wouldn't be comparing apples to apples.

Sincerely,
    Cac

Quote Originally Posted by Cacarulo View Post
    I wanted to make a correction to the table I published in the announcement. The RPC SCOREs are lower than those shown there.
    In reality, those SCOREs correspond to the FELT-F system, which has the same tags as RPC, although the TC calculation is done differently.
    The corrected table would be as follows:

Attachment 4984

For those who have already acquired the system, the PDF has also been updated, which you can request from Norman.
    I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    Cac
    In our old discussions, I was surprised that RPC beats EBJ 2. And now that the difference has become minimal, perhaps with certain rules or pen, EBJ will beat RPC.
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    In our old discussions, I was surprised that RPC beats EBJ 2. And now that the difference has become minimal, perhaps with certain rules or pen, EBJ will beat RPC.
    I wouldn't be able to tell you a priori. I'm not saying that there are no rules that favor EBJ2 over RPC. Notice that if buying insurance was prohibited for both systems, then EBJ2 will
    undoubtedly be superior to RPC due to its higher BE/BC. Counting the "nine " improves BE slightly but worsens Insurance, and consequently, it worsens PE.

Sincerely,
    Cac

I would also like to see thevariance of the counting system mentioned more often. For example, Halves is famous for its very small variance.

Blog Entries

Variance is included in SCORE.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Yes, definitely. I remembered Wong, but forgot about Don))

You've made seven posts here in five years and you want to come to display your ignorance, pontificating to the most knowledgeable group of players on the planet?

You're the joke!

Don

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Troll suspended for five months. His posts remain up for humor value.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I’m considering upgrading to this from REKO-F-6D for shoe games. I put a lot of work into developing the best possible DD KO variant a few years ago, and it ended up being like 10% stronger than Hi-Lo on DD, but it didn’t transfer well to 6D. No matter what tweaks I tried with KO on 6D I couldn’t improve upon Reko-F-6D which is like 10% weaker than Hi-Lo on 6d (don’t quote me on those exact percentages)

So I can do about 480RPH 2-handed with near perfect accuracy with REKO-F-6D. I’m doing to try practicing CAC2 for 100 hours and see if I can get that fast and that accurate. The metric that really matters for count systems is SCORE times speed, adjusted for real world accuracy. For DD I’m confident nothing can improve upon my KO system in the real world, but the SCORE penalty for nontruecounted counts is much larger on shoe games so it’s probably worth switching if I’m going to play a lot of shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by scroogemcduck View Post
    So I can do about 480RPH 2-handed with near perfect accuracy with REKO-F-6D. I’m doing to try practicing CAC2 for 100 hours and see if I can get that fast and that accurate. The metric that really matters for count systems is SCORE times speed, adjusted for real world accuracy. For DD I’m confident nothing can improve upon my KO system in the real world, but the SCORE penalty for nontruecounted counts is much larger on shoe games so it’s probably worth switching if I’m going to play a lot of shoes.
    5/6 S17 DAS LS RSA 20-1 spread 1h headsup score
    Reko-F-6D 72.76
    CAC2 R52-L18 82.12

1.5/2 H17 DAS 6-1 spread 1h headsup score
    MCKODD 79.96
    CAC2 R52 85.8

So I'd be gaining about 12.8% on 6d and 7.2% on dd, on paper. The threshold to make it worth switching to a more complicated system in the real world is probably at least 10%. The division alone is taking me more than half as much time as it took to play a round of 2 hands so I'm not super optimistic about the real world performance.

Things like division shouldn't matter after sufficient practice. I think that anyone can learn a level-2 system, after level-1, with very little falloff in perfromance with just a minimal amount of practice. Be patient. Gaining, for example, 12.8% is quite a lot.

Don

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast