Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mimicking the dealer

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Kat, you know religious posts are verboten here.

Quote Originally Posted by NT21 View Post
    I'm just kidding. I would never mimic the dealer. Plus, I only play S17 tables.
    NT do you just only play S17 games because you have the choice? I know higher limit usually has better games and S17. But would you play H17 if it had other good conditions like surrender or 1 deck or less pen?

Also i thought i read somewhere that S17 has big negative impact on a basic strategy player but not so much on a card counter. I could be making that up im not sure.

We look to play shoe games with all 3 (S17, LS, and good pen) or generally don't play. It's easier to find these conditions at high limit games though. DD is the only exception where we'd play H17 for a game with good pen.

Banned or Suspended

D.A you might be missing out on EV, if you're passing up on a H17, good pen shoe game.. Pen is everything, and you dont lose much if its H17, instead of S17

Quote Originally Posted by ZenKinG View Post
    D.A you might be missing out on EV, if you're passing up on a H17, good pen shoe game.. Pen is everything, and you dont lose much if its H17, instead of S17
    I'm fortunate to have shoe games with great penetration that are also S17 so I'm not forced to choose. I agree with you though that folks playing lower limits where H17 is prevalent are better off looking for great pen. Once you hit black you are usually fortunate enough to not worry about H17 being a factor.

It's about 0.20%. That's pretty sizeable.
    "There is no passion to be found playing small, in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Banned or Suspended

oh, well yea if you're a hi limit player, you dont need to worry about it, just stating, if the possibility came up, i wouldnt pass up the great pen, if s17 was either crowded or pen was average, or couldnt be played effectively

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by NT21 View Post
    It's about 0.20%. That's pretty sizeable.
    i'd still take great pen over .20%.. but the pen when i say great i mean at least 1 deck cut off from 8

Quote Originally Posted by ZenKinG View Post
    i'd still take great pen over .20%.. but the pen when i say great i mean at least 1 deck cut off from 8
    Your point is absolutely true, NT and I are just the wrong audience. I'd be looking for 6 deck games if at all possible with similarly attractive pen. 8 deckers make me want to bang my head on a wall. I'd pay $100 an hour to force NT to play 8 deckers for a full day. I am sensing a prop bet in our future...

There are still 8 deckers?
    "There is no passion to be found playing small, in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

I dunno... I kind of like 8 decks with a half a deck cut off. obvisously, I prefer six decks but when trying to get hours in at chunky black ill definitely spread some action around to 8 deckers with good pen and a 1-20 spread. I just try to be flexible to do what I have to do to get the hours in

Quote Originally Posted by smallcapgrowth View Post
    I just try to be flexible to do what I have to do to get the hours in
    That's what it's all about. Flexibility is the key.

I still think 8 deckers are soooo slooooow....

Only thing good about 8 deck you get a good count early it last a long time but that is also true with a negative count...it goes on forever...lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast