Really, it depends on goals.

Gruelling multi day marathon driving trips are for the younger crowd and for those that are physically fit. The mistake that many of these people make is the desire to cut expenses to the bare bone - which means unhealthy fast food, sleeping in cars without necessarily having access to shower or laundry facilities. That might be the only way to go for the red chip crowd etc., However, if you’re into healthy black chip area, looking and smelling like a grinding card counter intent on absolutely maximizing revenue at the expense of the house, the house will quickly make the decision to accept your action thinking they can beat you through variance, or boot you if they evaluate you as a real threat, assuming of course you’re not playing a shit hole frightened of bet variance.

I’ve flouted my own philosophies with regards to profits - that being not trying to knock it out of the park every time at bat, rather maximizing revenue over x number of sessions. Notwithstanding resistance to certain ideas, the base idea is longevity by deception. I can’t hide the fact of counting - what I can hide are certain skills pertaining to ramping, deck estimation and optimal play (because, theoretically, I’m not playing optimally). Therefore I’m not a threat until cumulative catches up to me.

These philosophies (for out of town play) among other things include being well rested, accommodation central to play area where I can go for a mid day nap - a decent hotel keeping in mind that I’m not carrying around chump change - being not necessarily well dressed rather comfortably dressed and always clean. It also means a persona of being able to afford that I’m playing - which I can. It means bringing my A game to the table.

Again, bypassing personal theories such as QTC, I think it’s easy enough to beat simulations. I do it all the time. In terms of dollars, I have a low bar desire to hit 1k per day, mid bar desire to hit 2k per day and a high bar average of 3k per day and um really hot - more. My most recent trip has a disappointing 1st day revenue of a paltry $400 after experiencing a disappointing first session quick fair sized loss. Also, let it be known that average out of town trip are shorter than they used to be - fatigue becoming a serious factor on longer trips even with mid day naps. In town, I happily settle for a lesser amount. My goals this year is basically to drum up an extra 25k without going into the kitty to pay for wife, kids, their wives, grandchildren for a nice winter vacation - I have seconded my youngest son to negotiate with his brother the when and where - my wife and will simply follow the crowd. Additional dollars to generate are funding rather wife's secret stash to fund the birthday presents, gifts etc. that I don’t know about and of course my own philosophy if turning wants into needs

Now, analyzing a recent closed thread based by inference not withstanding the crushing 6 hours per day of driving along with an implied 15 hours per week of play time, sleeping, shitting, showering and presumably shaving, a max bet of 2 x 600 was mentioned with implied EV of $400 per hour which, given factors, I deem as being reasonable. Now, let me state categorically that this number can easily be beaten, or matched with far less exposure simply by utilizing well known established strategies and with far less effort.

Goals to achieve are reducing average loss to the inverse of the average win, increasing win percentage and executing advanced strategies at the proper time which assist - my favourite being a form of opposition betting. None of this includes QTC which is another issue.

There is more, but enough for now.