Thread: 33 vs 7

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

33 vs 7

is there an index for 33 vs 7 (like 88 vs t)? i recently had a true of 14 on a single deck, had 4 units out, split, then resplit and busted on all 3 hands. on an unrelated topic, that same night i got backed off playing double deck had an amazing run of cards with an insane count. i jumped from a minimum bet to a 6 unit bet, won it, so pressed it to 8, won it, pressed it to 9, won it, pressed it to 10 units (the count increasing during this streak) and doubled on A4 v 4 and won and then the pit boss had a chat with me. my future in this town isn't looking too bright. too aggressive?
    big dog in charge

Banned or Suspended

So, 13, (or 4-14), 13, vs. 17 or 18, hmmm,,,I never would have split. I would call that a "Hero" move. TC+14,,,nice plus for sure!

Best,
    Ouchez

Banned or Suspended

User is banned, content deleted.

Since 7 and 8 are good cards to get with a 3, and they aren't counted in most counts, there is no index for it.

Banned or Suspended

Steve,

In Hi-Lo 3-3 vs 8 is split at - 5 or lower, you have a +TC of 14 against a 7.

Ouchez

Banned or Suspended

User is banned, content deleted.

i use hi-opt 1 w/ace side count.
    big dog in charge

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    I would like to point out that a 7 is not an 8. The correlation for 33 v8 is so poor for HILO that the RA play is never to split. At TC -5 you have a .03% higher advantage if you stand not split. At around +6 you can gain advantage measured in thousandths of a percent by splitting. It never really gains much more until after TC +13.

See Norm's CVData viewer:

http://www.card-counting.com/cvcxonlineviewer3.htm
    TThree,

Thanks, I will make that a -6 rather than a -5. If I am playing in a count that low it is with the min. and I tend to be rather aggressive in hits and splits. (-5 was on my H-17 sheets, Norm is showing only S-17, have to check that out later).

Best,
    Ouchez
    Last edited by Ouchez; 04-01-2013 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steveistheman84 View Post
    i use hi-opt 1 w/ace side count.
    When faced with 3,3 vs 7 @ TC + 14, I am thinking to myself the correct BS play is to "Split". If not counting, the "Split" BS play, is still a house favorit, but you should "Split". With the TC + 14, I have to believe I am going to turn these 3's into 13! Therefore, I would not have "Split". 3,3 vs 8 is always a "Hit" hand, another house favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Since 7 and 8 are good cards to get with a 3, and they aren't counted in most counts, there is no index for it.
    that makes a lot of sense. i looked it up in professional bj and no, there's no index. but that is for hi-lo. even though hi-opt-1 is pretty much the same, i also have to worry about those deuces which are even worse! any help for a hi-opt-1 index (if there is one)?
    big dog in charge