See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Using CV Data to Simulate No Shuffle Blackjack

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Using CV Data to Simulate No Shuffle Blackjack

Circa 1983, Wong discovered that a lone player versus the dealer enjoys a .25% player advantage (versus what is expected: a .50% player disadvantage) when the cards are never shuffled (6 decks, 75% penetration, Atlantic City rules; 1 million shoes representing 44 million hands).

After each shoe, Wong's computer placed the unplayed cards on top of the discards and then performed a random cut before dealing again.

I have spent roughly 3 hours trying, to no avail, to get CV Data to replicate this finding. What I have tried is placing the 1.5 decks of unplayed cards on top of ("TOP" in CV Data language) the 4.5 decks of discards in the "Shuffle Editor" screen, and then clicking on "Random Cut" in the "Shuffling" sceen under "Nuances." Also, I set the number of shuffles before new cards to a very high number, like 9,999,999. However, my efforts generate an Initial Bet Advantage (IBA) of about a .70% player DISadvantage for the lone player.

I would appreciate it if anyone can offer any assistance in letting me know how to get CV Data to replicate Wong's finding.

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Overkill; 01-20-2023 at 10:40 PM.