Tough day for me today. Off the ladder and into the snow I went and couldn't get up.

Okay, here is the story. I went out to shovel after the storm today, hoping to get most of the shoveling done. I shoveled the porch and steps and then did my path which had about a foot of snow on it. It was then I noticed a window shutter was only hanging by one screw. On Christmas Eve we had terrible winds like 60 mph from one source. I figured the winds knocked it loose.

I decided to investigate more, so I had to shovel about a 15 foot path just get to it. I figured I would pull it off, but lo and behold the vinyl siding came with it. The top row of siding right under the eve came off with the shutter. I decided to get the ladder out and check it out more closely. I went up the ladder and noticed there was house wrap under the siding so figured it can wait till spring to get fixed. I then came down and moved the ladder a little bit to get a look at the other end. This time when I was coming down I couldn't feel the next rung in the ladder where the rungs on the ladder go from two to one.

Since I was only about three feet above the snow I decided to jump off the ladder. I jumped and immediately fell over into the snow. I couldn't get up. I couldn't even crawl as there was no support for the arms. They would just sink into the snow. I was only about 4 feet from the ladder and ended up rolling in the snow over to the ladder to have something to hang onto to pull my self up. I wasn't hurt, but didn't feel like shoveling anymore, but did mange to shovel out the door of the car and the exhaust pipe on the car so I can start it. Chalk up my first fall of this winter.