I have a few thoughts which you might want to take with a grain of salt since I am only a recreational AP player.

1. You might want to lower the Standard Deviation by having a more gradual bet spread. CVCX is a great tool to try out different betting strategies and notice how SD might be affected.

2. Visualize variance by looking at a standard deviation bell curve. I would expect outcomes within 1 SD about 68% of the time, outcomes in the 2nd SD about 27%, and outcomes exceeding the 3rd SD around 5% of the time. Do your results fall within those general expectations?

3. Penetration is important. Go to those dealers who seem to cut off only 1 deck remaining and try to avoid the less generous ones. I know this is easier said than done, but to the extent possible try to favor the dealers with better penetration.

4. Try to selectively Wong Out when possible. Even though the tables are crowded, you may be able to "bet 0" while taking a bathroom break or getting a cup of coffee, taking a phone call or whatever excuse you can use to temporarily step back from the table. I understand this option is limited, but try to take advantage if you can.