Thread: PE, IC, BC and SCORE

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

PE, IC, BC and SCORE

PE, IC, BC and SCORE

The following examples demonstrate the direct relationship that exists between these parameters.
    We all know that one of the most hardest systems to beat is HO2/A. Let's use for this comparative
    study the following conditions: 6D,S17,DOA,DAS,SPA1,SPL3,NS,4.5/6,R22 indices and 50 billion rounds each.
    Let's leave IC aside for now as insurance is included in the PE calculation. Let us take only PE and BC.

Based on the conditions mentioned above, HO2 in shoes has a PE equal to 0,7269. BC is equal to 0,9131 but
    if we use a side count of aces the value becomes 0,9798.
    Let us also consider another system with a high efficiency such as the TEN count. In this case the PE is
    equal to 0,7039 less than HO2.

HO2/A therefore has a PE of 0.7269 and a BC of 0.9798. Taking these parameters into account, what is the SCORE of this system?

1-12: 25.53
    1-16: 29.74

It is expected that any increase in any of these two parameters should increase the SCORE. If we hold HO2 for the strategy
    but increase the BC of 0,9798 using a higher BC system like HALVES or RAPC71, what SCORE would we get? Let's see.

a) HALVES has a BC equal to 0.9930
    b) RAPC71 has a BC equal to 0.9944

a) HO2 (0,7269) + HALVES (0,9930)

1-12: 25.63
    1-16: 29.81

b) HO2 (0,7269) + RAPC71 (0,9944)

1-12: 25.70
    1-16: 29.89

We can clearly see that an increase in BC increases the SCORE proportionally. If instead of the BC we increased the PE,
    we would also obtain a better SCORE.

Let's see what happens in example a) if instead of using HO2 we use the TEN count in its balanced form:

c) TEN (0,7039) + HALVES (0,9930)

1-12: 25.36
    1-16: 29.51

As PE decreases, SCORE also decreases.

Sincerely,
    Cac

Very good post. This is what I was thinking yesterday. Here we can connect my thoughts, Cacarulo and ICoin Track... To keep us on the same wavelength, I recommend that you study this analyzer and derive a linear formula for the direct relationship of BC, PE and IC (It's in Exel formula - Overal rating).

https://web.archive.org/web/20080630...ficien/eff.htm
    Last edited by Gramazeka; 08-26-2022 at 04:07 PM.
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

It's rather exciting to be reading stuff we posted 25 years ago! Ah, the good ol' days! :-)

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    It's rather exciting to be reading stuff we posted 25 years ago! Ah, the good ol' days! :-)

Don
    That is true and it is very refreshing!. Unfortunately, and I say this with great pain, I have learned that several of those
    excellent gentlemen are no longer with us. We have shared many posts and exchanged countless emails.
    I still remember Richard sharing that spreadsheet with me that I still have to this day.

Cac