See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Dealer error on another player

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Dealer error on another player

The other day I noticed a dealer error where they busted a player at my table. I was tempted to call it out but did not because I didnt want to attract attention to the table. Does anyone else call out these errors for other players ?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    While counting, indexing and trying to avoid heat, you probably will not have time to watch out for the other players. In the event that you catch an error for another player, it becomes a personal choice. For me, I hardly can keep my concentration in line to worry about what is happening next door. If for some strange reason, I do catch an error, I may instinctively be forced to say something. Is it possible that saying something may give the floor the impression that you're not too concerned about the count? Personally, I am not that good at keeping my running count that I can afford to shift my concentration even for a moment. On a double deck However, there is always another shoe coming up.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Yup. I once had a guy buy in, and the dealer gave ME the chips! I immediately said, “Hey, I think those are HIS chips” and pointed to the other guy.

But I wouldn’t point out the type of error you describe. The dealer will instantly become your enemy. If he screws up my hand, I let him know, but that’s a different story.

I started using cvbj dealer errors on high bias and started noticing dealer errors. Before now I basically just took their word for it. But now I see especially new dealers are very likely to make mistakes.

Yes I would. Catching an error isn't going to bring you any heat.

I'll point out the error unless the person is an asshole.. what I hate is when a player corrects a dealer's error and makes sure we don't accidentally get paid

I mind my own business. No benefit in making yourself any more memorable than you have to. And in most cases, I prefer the other player loses his or her money quickly and leaves.
    Opinions and Commentary on the Gaming Industry: The Bear Growls