Thread: Colored blackjack side bet

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Coloured blackjack side bet

Hi all, I'd like to ask experts if this side bet could be mathematically profitable.
    Basically it consists of betting to get a blackjack of the same colour, for example Ace of Hearts+King of Diamonds and is paid 35 to 1.
    You play with 6 decks and you can bet 5 or 10€ at tables with minimum bet of 10€, and 10 or 20€ at tables with minimum bet of 20€.
    I tried to do some calculations and knowing that the odds of getting a blackjack are about 4.74% (1/21 hands) and that the odds of getting a blackjack of the same colour are 2.37% (1/42 hands), I assumed a scenario like this:

- 2 decks played (so 4 decks left)
    - 4 aces have been dealt (so still 20 aces to play, therefore 5 aces per deck)
    - 28 tens have been dealt (so still 68 tens to play)

Essentially we are at a TC=2 with hi-lo system.

Applying the formula to find the probability of getting a blackjack we yields this:
    F=(10s_left/cards_to_play)*[Aces_left/(cards_to_play-1)]+
    (Aces_left/cards_to_play)*[10s_left/(cards_to_play-1)]= 6.31%

So, in this condition we would get a blackjack every 16 hands and a coloured blackjack every 32 hands, so would be advantageous since it pays 35 to 1.

Assuming then the same proportion of aces at a TC=7 we would be at 8.17% (one coloured blackjack every 25 hands).

Looking at this it seems a mathematically advantageous bet in certain situations, or maybe I have not considered some variable? What do you think?

Thanks to discuss
    Last edited by Fangio; 04-04-2022 at 08:47 AM.

It's very beatable. You need to use a specialized count. I'm not going to discuss it further on the free/public message board.

Coloured BJ.jpg

Would this be accurate? It's giving me wonky results.

Blog Entries

You should use the Variable, not fixed field for the payoff. Also, you are betting at all counts.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse