Thread: 6:5 bj

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

6:5 bj

Hi,

Might have missed it a year ago, but I believe every BJ board should have this article posted for the masses to read...

https://www.cdcgamingreports.com/com...rKYM_U.twitter
    G Man

6:5 BJ payoff is not Blackjack, it's a scam. It's everyone's duty to raise awareness of this atrocity
    Chance favors the prepared mind

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This was discussed here in this forum a year ago. Nothing new. There are plenty of $25 min. 3:2 blackjack tables in MA.

Blog Entries

Of course I agree with ICount.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    This was discussed here in this forum a year ago. Nothing new. There are plenty of $25 min. 3:2 blackjack tables in MA.
    Oh, sorry for disturbing this forum....
    G Man

No no no. I was poking fun at you, but this was really discussed here last year. We can discuss again.

Quote Originally Posted by iCountNTrack View Post
    6:5 BJ payoff is not Blackjack, it's a scam. It's everyone's duty to raise awareness of this atrocity
    Only you card counters believe this.

Blog Entries

I guess ace sequencers and shuffle trackers don't care.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I guess ace sequencers and shuffle trackers don't care.
    Does that include the ones who claim to be 100% certain to get an ace and claim to get away with a jump spread 1-50?

Quote Originally Posted by iCountNTrack View Post
    Pointless. Gamblers are stupid. If nobody was willing to play it, it wouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by ShipTheCookies View Post
    Only you card counters believe this.
    I am sorry I find your comment to be a bit too simplistic when considering the serious implications of 6:5 BJ payout. So let's look at this a bit closer:

For a basic strategy player:

You are basically playing at an additional -1.3% disadvantage when compare to a full BJ payoff. If you are a weekend warrior who puts in ~800 hours a year, betting an average $20 per hand, @70 hands/hour you will lose on average 15K MORE than your buddy playing full BJ payout

Card Counter

This has been published many times over. But basically unless you are playing a deeply dealt pitched game AND have a large bet spread 6:5 payoff is really not beatable.

Zone Tracker

The simple rule of thumb is that Zone tracking using the Non-Random Shuffle (NRS) formula is that you get a gain +30 in SCORE per tracked rich slug (this is a well known figure, Norm published this many years ago in Modern Blackjack). For a 6:5 BJ payoff this gain will be even less because a true count unit will be less valuable to the player because of the reduced BJ payoff. But bottom line, game no where enough profitable to overcome the large negative disadvantage

Ace Sequencing

Ace steering could potentially one of the few games that's technically beatable but there are a lot of factors that come into play.

• Ace is worth 10% less with 6:5 BJ payoff
    • Bet spread you can get away with
    • Accuracy of steering
    • Buffer hands are being played at significantly larger disadvantage (-1.73% vs -0.40%)
    • Rarity of opportunities: 6:5 BJ payoff is usually offered at lower table limits usually use CSM or ASM, for pitch games the shuffles are usually also more random...

Other techniques

Possible but again depends on the frequency of the opportunities and the error rate

6:5 BJ payoff is really really bad and should be avoided like a plague
    Last edited by iCountNTrack; 03-25-2022 at 06:57 PM.
    Chance favors the prepared mind

He is referring to the single deck version and only at certain times. Of course 3 to 2 is better but doesn't always exist for some plays