See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cvdata application

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    OK, here's a direct answer for insurance: The Hi-Lo insurance bet at shoe games has an index of +3. In that interval (+3 to +4, floored), your edge is about 0.5%. As insurance edge is linear, each successive true count is worth about 2.2% more. So, for example, at +9, your edge is a little less than 14%.

Don
    Last edited by DSchles; 03-11-2022 at 02:13 PM.

Wonderful! With this number, we will be able to find the player’s edge gain from additional naturals at true counts of +1 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    Wonderful! With this number, we will be able to find the player’s edge gain from additional naturals at true counts of +1 or more.
    And when you have this information, what do you plan to do with it?

Don

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I am still working on the math part. To go through the math, I will use the CVData simulation result on a 6-deck 75%-penetration game, as posted by Dog Hand in this forum.

The probability of a dealer's ace upcard as a function of true count (TC) is
    P_a=0.00195xTC+0.077

At TC=+3.5, P_a=0.0838, Insurance EV=1.10%; therefore, the player's edge gain from insurance is
    P_a x0.5 xEV=0.0838 x0.5 x1.10%=0.046%.

At TC=+6.5, P_a=0.0897, Insurance EV=7.64%; therefore, the player's edge gain from insurance is
    P_bj x0.5 xEV=0.0897 x0.5 x7.64%=0.34%.

The insurance EV numbers of 1.10% and 7.64% are my crude estimates, but their increment rate matches very well to your value of 2.2% per TC. Please check.

* Note, I updated these gain values after noticing no helpful comments.
    Last edited by aceside; 03-14-2022 at 10:38 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    With the above numbers, let me calculate the edge portion of blackjack insurance. From Norm’s charts on Blackjackincolor.com, we find the player’s advantage at TC=+6.5 is 4%, for a 6-deck (s17, DAS, LS 4.8/6 pen) game. This means that the max possible edge portion of insurance is about 0.34%/4%=8.5%. Not very much!

When you tell me why we should possibly care, perhaps I will comment further.

Don

The reason is becoming clearer. I will use the edge gain from insurance as a unit to measure other edge gains from other blackjack decisions. The first thing for me to calculate is the 16 vs 10 surrender decision.

The reason is becoming clearer. I will use the edge gain from insurance as a unit to measure other edge gains from other blackjack decisions. The first thing for me to calculate is the 16 vs 10 surrender decision.
    I hear noise.
    G Man

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You are correct! The first thing to calculate is the edge gain portion from the 16vs10 hit/stand decision. The second thing to calculate is the edge gain from additional blackjacks from wonging.

Blog Entries

None of this makes any sense.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    That’s a bold statement. You need to show your math here to prove yourself.

With the above numbers, let me calculate the edge portion of blackjack insurance. From Norm’s charts on Blackjackincolor.com, we find the player’s advantage at TC=+6.5 is 4%, for a 6-deck (s17, DAS, LS 4.8/6 pen) game. This means that the max possible edge portion of insurance is about 0.34%/4%=8.5%. Not very much!
    Based on my math, I got the maximum edge portion of insurance is 8.5% at TC=+6.5; however, this number is way way off from Wizard’s estimate on his website. He shows the benefit of insurance is 34%. Can somebody help explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    None of this makes any sense.
    Ma nishtana?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast