Thread: Blending In

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Blending In

What do you do to “blend in”
    - I accept fist pumps when a dude says, “nice play”
    - I say, “yeah. I agree” whenever a ploppy says something stupid, but not offensive.
    - When asked if someone says, “Do you mind if I….” (Join mid-shoe, sit out a hand, go to two hands, hit 12v2, etc.) I say, “not at all! Go for it! Good luck”
    - I say, “ should I hit this?” . Then I say “thanks!” And then make the proper play regardless of what they say.
    - I often say, “I’m feeling’ lucky” when I make big bet, especially after a loss, or “shit. I have a bad feeling” when I reduce my bet after a win.
    - my favorite is, “The book says to do X. But you know who wrote The Book, right??!”

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    I often say, “I’m feeling’ lucky” when I make big bet, especially after a loss, or “shit. I have a bad feeling” when I reduce my bet after a win.
    There's no "ear in the sky."

I only pretend to ask for advice when the count says it is a borderline call. That way, whatever they say is OK to follow. Asking for advice and then ignoring that advice when given makes people get annoyed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bejammin075 View Post
    I only pretend to ask for advice when the count says it is a borderline call. That way, whatever they say is OK to follow. Asking for advice and then ignoring that advice when given makes people get annoyed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The pit loves a happy table. If I have min $25 bet in neutral or negative count - ploppy next to me is at 2x200 or 300 - and my play is borderline even clear cut under certain scenarios - I have a min bet out, don’t give a shit if I hit or stand x will say do u have a preference on what I do. Lots of 0lus sides 9n that one.

Hehehehe! People ignore my advice all the time and I never get annoyed. I am not responsible for their stupidity.

I usually say something ambiguous like, “Well, personally I would double. But I am only wrong 3 out of 5 times. You could hit. Or you could stand….It all depends on if you are a Team Player or not. Your choice, my friend!!”

In reality, I just want him to stop delaying the game, so can earn my EV!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    - I often say, “I’m feeling’ lucky” when I make big bet, especially after a loss, or “shit. I have a bad feeling” when I reduce my bet after a win.
    Many dealers talked back, said sarcastically "You don't need it. You are always lucky."