See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KO vs HiLo

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Question KO vs HiLo

I am still just getting my feet wet to AP BJ and trying to decide on a counting system. For me I would rather first learn a simple count perfectly than try to jump in with a complicated count. So I've been looking at HiLo, KO, and REKO. I saw somebody say in a thread that most users here use HiLo or Zen. I was wondering why KO isn't used more than HiLo? Now obviously the fact that KO is an effective strategy is a bit counter intuitive. But so are a few basic-strategy plays -- in the end I trust the math. According to this post on qfit (https://www.qfit.com/KO-HiLo-BlackjackComparison.htm) HiLo only out performs KO in terms of c-SCORE in certain edge cases that we don't really see in real games anymore. Does anybody dispute these findings? Is HiLo used more simply because its more well known? or does it have other practical advantages that don't easily present themselves in theory?

I apologize if this gets asked a lot. I tried the search feature but I think "KO" is too short of a term to show up in search results (in fact it is too short to tag in this post )
    Last edited by thanks; 01-01-2022 at 01:31 AM.

What about red seven?

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I did a little google and found out this online saying “The REKO system was popularized by Norm Wattenberger, the author of blackjack book Modern Blackjack and something of an Internet blackjack pioneer.” Norm has been silent this new year.

Blog Entries

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Umm, the year just started today and I have posted today. I believe in reading more than writing.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I believe in reading more than writing.
    Such sillyness

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Such sillyness
    What do you mean by silliness? I am a main contributor to this forum, at least in the last year.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Yes you're right and I believe I will walk away from here as long as you will continue to pollute this forum.
    Looks like it's the only way to get away from you and all your nonsense.
    G Man

Blog Entries

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    What do you mean by silliness? I am a main contributor to this forum, at least in the last year.
    By quantity, not quality. Most of what you say is wrong. You need to learn to ask if something is true as opposed to stating it is true based on your lack of knowledge.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Yes you're right and I believe I will walk away from here as long as you will continue to pollute this forum.
    Looks like it's the only way to get away from you and all your nonsense.
    You could also block and ignore him? That will remove the incentive to troll.

Better yet, when he posts garbage, don't respond to him; rather, make a separate post as if you are talking to the reader explaining what is actually factually true without mentioning a.s.c.

Thanks! Will try to think about it!
    Have a great 2022 !
    G Man

Quote Originally Posted by dogman_1234 View Post
    You could also block and ignore him? That will remove the incentive to troll.

Better yet, when he posts garbage, don't respond to him; rather, make a separate post as if you are talking to the reader explaining what is actually factually true without mentioning a.s.c.
    This is a learning process for myself. I surely will post less garbage in the year 2022! Happy new year to you!

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Thanks! Will try to think about it!
    Have a great 2022 !
    Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    This is a learning process for myself. I surely will post less garbage in the year 2022!
    I doubt it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast