Thread: Omega II w/ A side count

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBear4SJ View Post
    LOL
    LOL!
    LOL!!
    LOL!!!
    LOL!!!!
    Is this one of those posts where you "intentionally" act like a moron for "entertainment" value as you claim is your motive in other threads?

Is 26 years of successfully using a level 2 count on primarily 6 deck shoes enough evidence for you?
    I have to say that you are more advanced and a lot more experienced here. I post things based on my own perspective, but a lot of times my thoughts were not accurately delivered. I meant to say that the level two system Omega II probably is not efficient for multiple deck games because of the shortage of the ace information, but I generalized it too much to detriment other counting systems.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChoo View Post
    Thanks for this! By squirrelly I was just meaning that's where mental strain starts to come in.
    I actually never tried Ao2 with 8 decks uuughh... 6 deckers were tough enough esp. if you wanted 1/2 deck TCs. My discard tray looked as follows. For example instead of dividing by 3 decks with 3 decks played i would divide by 6 >1/2 decks(12) and just double the index. Say you have a RC of +6 and divide by 3 decks you get a TC of +2 right. Same result for me by dividing by 6/6=+1 doubled =+2. Or if there is now 3 and 1/2(5/14) decks in the discard tray and you now have a RC of +13 5/13=2 3/5 x 2=+5. The number on the right is the average distribution of aces. However i only used this method for the play of hands. I actually used Bryce Carlsons "Betting Indexes" per every half deck instead of TC conversions...Just curious if you use his betting indices and how you calculate your TC?

12/0
    11/2

10/4
    9/6

8/8
    7/10

6/12
    5/14

4/16
    3/18

2/20
    1/22

0/24
    Last edited by Jack Jackson; 01-01-2022 at 05:16 AM.
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Jackson View Post
    Just curious if you use his betting indices and how you calculate your TC?
    You know I wish I could say I was using 1/2 deck estimate TC's, but I'd only be lying to myself. I'm actually calculating my TC's using full deck rounding (RC / (amount of decks left rounded to nearest full deck)).
    I'm aware this is something I will need to work on and improve upon too by practicing at least trying the 1/2 deck rounding.

There was a time I actually memorized all the strategy deviations in Ao2 that Carlson listed in his Blackjack for Blood book.
    However, I had to step away from playing for close to a year and a half, and rather than try and memorize all those deviations again, I just retaught myself the Illustrious 18 deviations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12